DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Enguard! Oi, you two.

Sam

Braxton gave a thinlipped smile. He could hear the beginnings of excess-libation creeping into the woman's tone. Soon would come the obnoxious phase, then the 'help-I-can't-find-my-nose'phase... the course would go down hill swiftly from that point. If the lass didn't slow down, it wasn't going to be pretty and Braxton didn't really want to be around for any ensuing eruptions of the stomach order.

"My name is Braxton, lady and while it has been a pleasure to meet you--even under these peculiar circumstances--I must take my leave." He turned to Aran, "I trust you will keep my weapon in safe-keeping until I am able to return for it. I apologise for my rash actions, you have beaten me fairly. At a disadvantage, to be true."

With that he bowed a courteous, if stiff, bow and walked brisquely from the room. He had lessons to contend with and a mentor to front up to.

Watching Braxton leave, Aran turned to Kyrie and found himself contemplating a very important, and possibly quite real predicament. If that girl had thrown back too much at once, and couldn't hold it as she seemed to be struggling, then there could be an issue. Specifically, she could quite thoroughly spew through his room, and he had no wish for that to happen because if it wasn't cleaned up quick enough, then the smell would linger for weeks. He had no wish to come to a crusty smelling room, and wake up to the smell of Kyrie's half digested meals.

Leaning over and finding his bin, he tossed it over next to Kyrie. It was empty, he always kept it clean in case he himself needed to empty his stomach after a particularly big night. "If you feel sick, you use that bin to spew into. As much as I'm sure you want to give me something in return for the drink, your lunch is something I can do without."

Grinning at first, it faded more to a relaxed smile as he spoke. "You know, you really shouldn't worry about your mother. She's a woman who knows how to take care of herself and she does get lonely from time to time. As she's a little older, she is capable of making her own choices oddly enough. She doesn't to quite seem to have your temper, you get it from your father perhaps?"

Aran

Tower Guard

Kyrie had the urge to toss the bin at Aran. Sure, he was right, she could sick up, probably would later (though certainly not until she was alone if she had any control over it at all), but this was embarrassing. She cringed inwardly, though managed to keep it off her face except for a flood of crimson. Really, he must think her the biggest fool! She had already attacked him in an ungraceful (and mostly unsuccessful) fit of rage and then flashed him, and now she was quickly losing her fine motor skills and ability to speak. She steeled herself, fixing a determined look on her face, and tried to be serious.

"I don't know my father. He was a soldier. He left my mum before I was born and she has spent my whole life waiting for him to return," she slured. She paused a moment. Now she felt like she was going to cry. Damned inebriation. "She is my mum. I don't want to see her hurt. I know about you," she jabbed a finger clumsily in Aran's direction. "She is just one in a hundred to you. But she's one in a million to me. She's my mum."

Laughing, Aran couldn't help but be surprised how drunk she was and how quickly it had taken. He'd forgotten how much kick his private stock had. It took alot for him to get drunk, so he always had rather strong bottles of one form of spirit or another available to get him going. If one didn't get drunk quickly, one didn't get drunk at all, and that defeated the whole purpose of drinking. Which had always been something that had annoyed him about 'responsible' drinkers. Having just a couple of cups, it was plain stupidity.

Still, she wasn't looking entirely happy that he'd laughed at her words. Then again, young people took themselves seriously at the Yards, especially when they drank. "Your mum knows about me as well, if you think I lied you're sorely mistaken. The truth is... Well, truth is your mum appreciates the fact I was truthful about it."

"And I'm sorry, but after this many years, if your dad were going to turn up, he would have by now. So don't judge your mum for it either, but I don't think you would. You've got a bit more sense than that, now that you're not so startled. She's alone, and people don't like to be lonely, its that simply is all." Aran took a sip of his new drink as he let her digest it all.

Aran

Tower Guard

"I still don't like it," Kyrie slurred, relaxing a bit. "I'll be keeping my eye on you." Somehow her threat fell flat between her mumbling, inability to sit up straight, and earlier defeat at the hands of a frog. After a minute or two of thinking, Kyrie changed the subject.

"I understand lonely, I suppose. I've been here a while but I still don't know many people. There's Elia, but she's my mentor and Commander of the Tower Guard. Can't really go sit on her bed and cry, now can I? I mean, she says I can, but..." Kyrie trailed off as the inebriated often do, a confused frown fixing itself on her face. Then it was gone and she did her best to stand up.

"Time to go, I think," she said wobbling and swaying dangerously. Hopefully that would go away when she started walking. If only she had her quarterstaff. "Thank you for the...whatever that was I just drank. Floor cleaner? Stone dissolver? Liquid evil?" She lauged at her own joke and headed for the door.

Grinning, Aran watched as the girl left his room, thankfully without spewing through it. Also, without assaulting him again, it seemed that she had it out of her system for the meantime. Of course, that didn't mean it would never happen again. It just meant it was unlikely, hopefully at anyrate. The girl was rather... Unfocused? Not all there perhaps. Ditzy was the word he was looking for.

Laying back on his bed, Aran found himself wondering what to do. Kyrie could be rather problematic if she decided to make a great issue of it all, and all said he liked Milly. She had no illusions about it being anything beyond friendship and a good time, and she knew that Aran wouldn't be jealous if she spent a night with someone else. Or be jealous if he did. All in all, it worked out rather nicely in Aran's mind.

Still, he should go and talk to her about it. Well, that or go to sleep, which was highly tempting. His nap had been disturbed terribly, and he could have used a bit longer. But he ended up standing up rather than laying down, and leaving the barracks for a wander. At least if he explained it to Milly, he could tell the full story, and if she had a bit of time to spare....

Aran

Tower Guard

Grinning, Aran watched as the girl left his room, thankfully without spewing through it. Also, without assaulting him again, it seemed that she had it out of her system for the meantime. Of course, that didn't mean it would never happen again. It just meant it was unlikely, hopefully at anyrate. The girl was rather... Unfocused? Not all there perhaps. Ditzy was the word he was looking for.

Laying back on his bed, Aran found himself wondering what to do. Kyrie could be rather problematic if she decided to make a great issue of it all, and all said he liked Milly. She had no illusions about it being anything beyond friendship and a good time, and she knew that Aran wouldn't be jealous if she spent a night with someone else. Or be jealous if he did. All in all, it worked out rather nicely in Aran's mind.

Still, he should go and talk to her about it. Well, that or go to sleep, which was highly tempting. His nap had been disturbed terribly, and he could have used a bit longer. But he ended up standing up rather than laying down, and leaving the barracks for a wander. At least if he explained it to Milly, he could tell the full story, and if she had a bit of time to spare....

Aran

Tower Guard