DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Got Joost?

Mendorah

Quite some time ago I came across a website that said they were going to be the TV of the internet of some sort.  I tried to sign up, but like Gmail when it first started, you had to have an invite to belong.  So I signed up for the waiting list.

Yesterday I recieved my announcement that Joost beta is going live for Everyone.

http://www.joost.com/

I haven't really played with it much yet.  But I did get to watch the episode of CSI where Sarah was saved.  I know, i can watchthat on the network website.  But I was actually looking to see if Joost carried Pushing Daisies as I Finally sat down to watch that on the internet tonight and it wasn't working.  Unfortunately, ABC isn't contracted with Joost, so no dice there.

The quality on my computer was the same as with the network online offerings.  Not awful, but not great either.  And there was only one commercial that played about 4-5 times through the whole show, so they are paying bills with commercials, just not a lot.  For now.

I'll try to keep playing with it some later.  The website boasts over 260 channels.  I only saw about 30 on my program.  But maybe I wasn't doing it right.  I'm eager to checkout the Hindi video station, though.  hehehe.  Bollywood videos!!!!

I have Joost and was really excited about it at first, but I can't seem to find any great shows so I was kinda disappointed. I might start using it again later when they have more programmes I like.

yeah, I'm hoping the programming will get better over time.  It's only in Beta mode now, after all.  There's a lot of fluff that I'll never watch there.  But omg, a whole channel for Ren and Stimpy!  I haven't seen that in years!  And the music video channels will probably be fun.

Archived