Guest Arie Ronshor

Guest Arie Ronshor

Well, I feel deep in your heart there are wounds time can't heal

(The time can't heal)

And I feel somebody somewhere is trying to breathe

Well, you know what I mean

It's a world gone crazy keeps woman in chains

Woman in Chains - Tears for Fears

The Red Stallion was the choice of the evening, and to which both the Red and the White were to find themselves that night. It had taken them little time to ready and their conversation flowed into more lighter notes for the duration of their preperation. Maegan made notes of the embrodary in her skirts, and the vast change in her features as Lillian added on but a little paint to her eyes and lips. Nothing over done and all tasteful, but it was the first time Maegan would ever admit to feeling sexy yet comfortable in her own skin. The night held promises of memorable enjoyment.

Pulling the simple unadorned purple shawl around her shoulders as the night winds brought up the chill from the River Erinin, Maegan smiled as Lillian took hold of her arm. The significance of the past few hours brought much comfort to Maegan's disconcerted heart, and that comfort was quickly becoming a feeling of home. Not simply a place to put up your cloack and a bed that is familiar. But a presense of security and understanding that Maegan had long since given up on since she left the 3 Arches. So much had changed that night, be it resolve or cause. Neither of which could have prepared her for tonight. ::No. Tonight was more than anything she had expected. Life altering, and yet but a mere shifting in the pattern as she had seen it. The Wheel Weaves as it Wills. The path she was once one was no longer an option.:: To this, Maegan was perfectly content to leaving behind.

"So, Lillian, tell me of this place we are going? What is the food like? Is there dancing or strictly eating?" Her curiousity grew younger by each passing question as the ages melted away from the otherwise serious look on her face. "What is expected of me when I enter?"

Maegan Ryanne

Lillian was quite proud of the way that Maegan had turned out once Lillian had finished tinkering with the woman's appearance.  Maegan wasn't a breathtaking beauty by any means, but she would turn a head or two now.  She would have done so before if she simply took better care of herself, especially her hair, but now the woman would find that out for herself.  Lillian couldn't help but be pleased with herself for what she'd managed to do as they walked down a street with their arms linked together.  That and the fact that she'd tinkered with their appearance, it had been a handy trick to learn how to hide the ageless look and while she didn't need to yet, Maegan did.  As it was, they simply looked like another two citizens of Tar Valon that were out for the night.

As Maegan questioned her, Lillian laughed.  "You're expected to have fun is what is expected of you.  Don't worry so much, relax, and trust me."  That didn't stop the questions, but Lillian simply sidestepped them all and misdirected them one after the other.  She wasn't going to spoil the Red Stallion for Maegan, and she certainly wasn't going to give her a chance to back out in case she was worried.  They were going to have fun and that was the end of it.

Steps were always a bad idea at a drinking establishment as far as Lillian was concerned, but there were a few to ascend to reach the large door to the Red Stallion, a two storey building from which a good deal of talk and laughter could be heard.  Climbing up them, Lillian shoved the heavy door open and smiled up at the bouncers.  That was all it took, and the pair were heading to the bar, walking between tables full of people from all different walks of Tar Valon life.  Well, not so much the upper class, but people with a little bit of money were to be found.

What made this place stick out was the Saldaean decour, food and dancing, rather strange considering the Red Stallion was the sign of Kandor but that was neither here nor there.  What Lillian liked most was the dancing, unlike the slower Andoran dances, if you discounted some of the country jigs and reels, Saldaean dancing was a lot more challenging.  The music was also wilder, it wasn't Tinker music but it had a life of its own nevertheless.  Definitely something that someone could dance to, but for now it seemed that the performers of the night were taking a break.  A good chance for them to get a drink.

Slipping her coin over to the bartender, Lillian took the two glasses of ice wine and handed one to Maegan.  Such wines were usually sweet, though this vintage wasn't sickly like some that she struggled with.  Taking hold of her free hand, Lillian led Maegan away from the bar and to a spare table.  One with only a single chair left, the other tables had liberated the other seats that would have otherwise been there.  Well, that made it easy.

Sitting down on the chair, Lillian simply dragged Maegan onto her lap.  Sipping her wine, she wondered what Maegan made of all of this.  In fact, she felt that was a perfectly good question to ask right now.  "So, what do you think of the place?  A fair amount of people but there's rarely trouble here, good music, wide selection of drinks and good food if you want to get something to eat.  Though be careful, some of their dishes have ice peppers, they are...  not for the faint hearted."  Lillian grinned as she took another sip of her wine.

Lillian Tremina

Sister of the White Ajah

Guest Arie Ronshor

What did Maegan think of this place..

Her eyes watched carefully from Lillian's lap, taking in the atmosphere of the Red Stallion. Although she spent time in Saldaea, it did not feel the same way that it did here. Music and dance were similar and in very good taste, but the peaceful nature of Tar Valon gave the Red Stallion a beautiful agreement to Maegan's eyes.

"It is wonderful. A little more lively than what I may have gone to on another day, but I quite approve of the choice. How did you find this place?"

Comfortably placing her hands in her lap, contemplation bordered Maegan's mind as it always did in the moments in between. The biggest surprise that she still was not one hundred percent completely sure of was Lillian. The change since she saw her as an accepted was exponentially different.

So, no, Maegan was not sure at all.

Maegan Ryanne

Sitter of the Red Ajah

Lillian laughed at Maegan's choice of words, a little more lively than usual indeed.  It was hard to picture Maegan actually coming out into the town except to enjoy the occasional meal away from the Tower, maybe even a drink or two, but that was about it.  She seemed more likely to become ecstatic over a break through in her research more than anything else, but that was little surprise with it being her labour of love, at least from what what she had heard from other sisters.  A breakthrough with a student as well, if her own students words were anything to go by.

"Its easy, I simply worked my way through the entire city.  Once in awhile, I'd go out in town and get some dinner with one Aes Sedai or another, or with Novices and Accepted during the day.  Its a good way to find out whats happening, plus its a good chance to get away from the Tower and relax for a bit.  Not so much a problem for me now with being able to travel at will, but its still nice to come out for a meal and enjoy good company, yes?"

Taking a sip from her wine, Lillian frowned as she looked up at Maegan, she seemed a little lost in thought.  Reaching her the woman's hands with her own, Lillian gave them a squeeze as she looked up at her.  "Whats wrong?  You look like you've got something on your mind.  This is your chance to unwind, relax, no thought."  Grinning, Lillian continued.  "Want to talk about it?  Sooner its settled, the sooner you can simply just relax and be.  Next drinks will be on me, hmm?"

Lillian Tremina

Sister of the White Ajah

Guest Arie Ronshor

It was not so much that something was bothering her, but the shifts in the passing hours had not yet settled in Maegan's mind. Perhaps she thought too frequently, or kept her guard up too tightly. She had let it down for this woman, yet so many questions were left unanswered. Possibly not ones that were meant to be, however it was enough to keep Maegan from completely relaxing. Although she rarely did unless in the confines of her own quarters in the Academy.

Maegan leaned over and kissed Lillian's cheek, an action never once thought to be made by herself, but to Maegan it symbolized more than just a trust. Although Maegan could never trust any a hundred percent with every possible thought in her mind, she trusted Lillian enough with her  thoughts to which felt relevant or enlightening to the other. "I am fine." She smiled, the smile warm but small. It was one that sent more emotion than expression. "There will always be something on my mind. You've just brought enough comfort from me to see it. When I relax I become more expressive in my face. Even more so when I have had a few spirits."

Lifting a hand, she ordered before Lillian could. "This one is my treat. You had the last drink. I do hope you like Brandy. I often drink it when I celebrate a positive change of events. And I can not think of anything better than this." Putting her feet up a little on the opposing chair, she leaned back with a happy sigh. "Tell me a story, Lillian. A funny one. Perhaps from your novice or accepted days?" Maegan smiled as Lillian raised an eyebrow at the beginning of her sentence. Unlike the last time, Maegan didn't need to have an answer, nor was she searching for anything beyond a good laugh. Her own novice days were filled with trials and laughter, poor tempered accepteds and short lived friendships. But they were friendships that Maegan would forever remember. Tonight was the start of another. Only this time Maegan knew in her hear that this one would last for a lifetime.

Maegan Ryanne

• 2 months later...

"A story?  I'm not sure, I was generally well behaved, was too busy to get up to much..."

There were a few stories that Lillian could summon with some thought, but one in particular seemed worthwhile insofar that it was something that was rarely discussed amongst those who knew her, let alone those who did not.  There was a good chance that Maegan didn't know about it, that way the story would hopefully entertain.  Maybe shock just a touch as well, but it would be interesting to see her reaction.

"Well, once upon a time there was an Accepted..."  Grinning at the look that got from Maegan, Lillian continued.  "This Accepted was assigned a project, she had to study siege weaponry.  As part of her study, she had to assemble a catapult and test it.  Not being one to falter at a challenge, the Accepted may have taken to the project with gusto.  But she needed help, so she may have recruited a pair of Novices from their studies to help her, in exchange for helping them with their work of course."

"After a couple of days, the project was complete and they had ammunition and targets.  They had some fun, learning how to aim and the physics involved, becoming rather proficient at taking out targets from a fair distance.  But, of course, once that was relatively mastered, there was the need for a new challenge with the machine of war.  Something that was truly worthy of its power and majesty."

Smiling at the thought of what came next, Lillian repressed other associated memories as she continued.  "The Accepted had the Novices gather hay and place at a location, a designated target area.  When all was assembled, the Accepted adjusted the catapult for a new purpose.  There was once a story that the Aes Sedai of old could fly, and perhaps she had found the way."

The look of shock on Maegan's face almost made Lillian laugh, but she managed to hold it together as she continued with the story.  "Up onto the catapult of doom she climbed, seating herself within the cup of destiny.  An easy weave of air manipulated the lever of time and space and the Accepted was hurled through the air with a grace that was not like that of a bird and possibly a scream that was not of exuberance.  Landing in the hay as she predicted, she determined that she had not found the secret of flight."

"But, to be sure, she did test the theory a few more times for not entirely academic reasons until she was caught."  Laughing finally, Lillian was glad for the memory, even if what had followed afterward had not been nearly so pleasant.  It certainly made for a good story if nothing else, riding the wind was rarely a literal phrase after all.

"Your turn."

Lillian Tremina

Sister of the White Ajah

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Arie Ronshor

Maegan laughed freely through out Lillian's depicting of the catapult story. It was fascinating the girl's imagination and her ability to wield a story nearly as well as a warder and his blade. Of course, Maegan herself was told to be fairly decent in her story telling abilities but inwardly admitted that it had been a few -a lot- of years since she had done so. Her years as a Novice and Accepted had been filled with great amount of childish delight. The GPCN in itself had alleviated much of her mischief mannerisms in a more directive manner. After gaining the Shawl and being assigned to share a room with Annais Nevell -now a Gray Sister- Maegan had been dragged into more trouble than she would willingly admit to. Especially with the Oaths to keep her from embellishing too much.

Of course there were the stories that occurred in the Academy, but she still felt hesitant to speak of her work there. Too easily she could slip what she did not wish to have revealed. Too many deep wounds that were frighteningly fresh and hard to ignore. No, it was best that she stay away from such topics until her heart settled a little more.

"My turn.. " Maegan tapped her lip with her empty glass. Holding it out to a passing barmaid to have it replaced or filled, she started on her little story.

"Once upon a time. . ." Avoiding a wide grin, her face still held a great deal of comical expression, ". . there were two Accepteds that shared a room. Close friends they were very different from each other, but very much the same. They studied very different subjects and were often given chores on opposite sides of the Tower. For when they were together, strange things would happen."

"You see, there was this one Aes Sedai that would wear the most dreadful clothes. Although the colours were bright, and the cuts fit perfectly, she had been a tinker in a previous life and without the need for the Whites would ever any and every colour but. At the same time no less." Waving her arms a little, and her expression would often take on the emotion of her story. A glass of wine appeared before her and she sipped it before continuing.

"Now this Aes Sedai had thought it would be a brilliant idea to have not one, but both Accepted to wash her clothes. You and I both know that this is a task more often given to Novices. As a brown sister she did not even bother to look at their ranks and just kept walking after giving instructions with her nose in a book. Not wanting to look a gift horse in the -now it really was a gift horse!- the two Accepted cleaned out the woman's whole closet of ever possible stitch of clothing. Clean or dirty. With huge armfuls of coloured clothes they chased everyone out of the laundry room with various other inane tasks - being accepted an all- and set about their tasks."

Sipping her wine, "Of course, every possible lude song was sung during the process of 'cleaning' the woman's clothes. Some of them needed proper stitching or simply replaced. Hours passed by and the Aes Sedai finally returned to her room. Feeling dusty, she dropped her previous clothes straight on the floor. . " Aghast! " and bathed, returning to open her closet." Maegan hid her smile that came too easily now behind anouther sip of wine.

"Her entire closet was lined with half tie-dyed bolts of fabric or barely visible shades of pastels. I doubt there was a louder shriek heard in the Brown quarters. At least that month." Maegan winked.

"Pulling on one of the lighter gowns, as the brightly coloured ones were god-aweful, and her Shawl to help her feel far more superior, she stormed out of her room. Such a dignified Aes Sedai of brilliance should be treated with respect, and how dare they ruin her beautifully selected dresses, skirts and tops." Maegan's voice smoothed out, becoming more serious. "Her face was nearly as red as my Shawl as she stormed down to the Great Hall."

"Unfortunately for her she picked a dress that had been in need of stitching. After a few thunderous steps the seems on her shoulders broke open and within seconds her dress was pooled at her feet. Forgetting to put on a shift before she left her quarters, only her Shawl gave her any form of decency from exposure."

Maegan chuckled, "The Accepteds were put into the laundry room for the next month with an Aes Sedai supervisor. After a good switching of course."

A few measures of music passed by and the lack of even a smile on Lillian's face was enough for concern. Concern that would have brought a more serious note to Maegan's voice, but she was in a far too good of a mood to allow the woman to ruin it on a simple story. After the past hellish years Maegan deserved some fun, not a judgement on something done over 80 years ago. Reaching around, Maegan gave the woman a slight tickle to her side. Was Lillian even ticklish? No matter. . .

"Be at ease, Lil. There is no harm in a story and they often hold more embellishment then an actual truth. Stories are fictional not fact. Mirandha Sedai was one of the best dressed after that. We joined her on a personal shopping trip to replenish her wardrobe and I doubt I ever saw her happier then I did that day. Terrible fashion sense, which coming from me is something." There was a twinkle in Maegan's eyes. "Even she admitted as much. so, you see, in the end everyone was happy."

Maegan Ryanne