DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Novice and Accepted Information

Jaydena

NANDA-1.jpg

Hello ladies and gents dressed as ladies. *winks* My name is Jaydena Mckanthur and I am the Novice and Accepted ADL, which means basically I own you. *mwahahaha* Ok no seriously, this means that I am here to help you with any questions you may have as a Novice, Accepted, or Aes Sedai. So let's get started, you should have been sent a welcome letter by me when your bio was approved and cross checked. That has a lot of important info inside of it, but just in case you lost it or forgot some of it, I will be giving links through out this very informative sticky. *cheesy grin*  :D

OP Score

Here at DM we have this great thing called the One Power system, this tells you what you can and can't do as far as weaves and such go. So some links about the OP stystem:

OP scores

OP Skill Points

How the OP system works

What scores you need to do what weaves

Want to know what it is, here is the weaves description list

Mentors

When you become a Novice you normally get a mentor here at DM, some of you may not because you either didn't want one or you started at an above Novice rank because you already have a full rank character. So if you are interested in being a mentor, you can post here to request a mentee: http://forums.dragonmount.com/index.php/topic,19494.0.html

If you want to see who your mentor is or who has who for mentor you can look here:

Mentors

For new character's your mentor will be assigned once you have begun your welcome rp with the IC MON.

Roommates

You can also have a roommate or two if you really want them, these are not to be confused with pillowfriends. Though you can have your roommate be your pillowfriend, makes things more convient.  ;) You roommate is chosen by you, this means you post and you find someone or they find you, just let me know when you do so I can add you to the table, which you can view at this link:

Roommates

Requirements for Raising

Here at DM we have some reqs, if you are trying to be raised from Novice to Accepted these are your reqs.

Novice Requirements

In order to gain the right to walk through the Arches, as a Novice you must complete the following:

1) Arrival/Meet Mentor - Rp where the Novice first meets Mentor/MoN/Roomates or all three. (May be seperate threads)

2) One OP Related RP - Min. 5 Posts. (This can be either Touching the Source or Intro To Saidar. Of which either Mentor, MoN or a designated Teacher may be contacted.)*

3) Choice: Pick two of several choices.

- Homesickness - Min 5 posts - Adjusting to life in the Tower, your character reflects on missing home. (How does she deal with the loss of her family?)

- Chore RP - Min 5 posts. - A chore given by either an Accepted or Aes Sedai and must be completed.

- Lesson - Min 5 posts - Where your character learns something new. (Can be a class or something personal)

- Recovery - Min 5 posts - Your character must deal with a minor/major set-back or loss and must find a way to deal with it. (Will she approach a fellow N&A, Mentor or anouther Aes Sedai?)

- Prankage! - Min 5 posts - You character has been involved in a prank of some kind! (How will you deal with it. Are you the prank-er or the prank-ee? Will you report this to the MoN?)

- Week in the Life - Min 5 Posts - Through reflection a PC will tell another PC about their average work week. (How do they cope with the grueling schedule? What sort of people do you meet? Chores or classes?)

- Open RP - Min 5 Posts - One RP with an Accepted Or Aes Sedai

*(If you are a returning member, this may be replaced by an Rp of your choice from option 3.)

Three Arches

Congratulations! You have completed your training as a Novice. But in order to become Accepted by the Tower, you must not only display the qualities demanded of an Accepted, but you must also walk through the Three Arches, each with a challenge so difficult that many have been lost to whatever challenge it claims, or refuse all together.

The Arches are a Ter’Angreal that is rumored to lead to False Portal Stone Worlds. Although there is no true answer to how these work, They have been used to test Novices’ resolve and will to see if they not only will willingly stay within the Halls and be taught, but also if they can handle the responsibility of which ever shawl may be placed on the girls shoulders - Light hope.

To be Tested:

In the event that a Novice completes all of her requirements, her mentor or a full sister may put her forth IC (or Ooc) to be tested through the Arches. Mistress of Novices will retrieve the Novice and bring her to the place of testing. Only a Full sister or mentor may start the thread that will allow the Arches to take place. (Similar to the Blade Master ceremony in which a full ranking member may support the characters raising.) In the event that there is no Full Ranking Sister or Mentor, one may be sought out, or the Mistress of Novices may start the thread.

To be raised from Accepted to Aes Sedai:

Accepted Requirements

In order to gain to be Tested for the rights to the Shawl, as an Accepted you must complete the following:

1) Ajah RP: RP with sisters from another Ajah in a class, while traveling, in an intrigue or anything else of substance. Does not have to be the Ajah you are aspiring to.

2) Create your own Character Centered RP - Min 10 posts. 2 Threads - Must be approved by Staff. **I also thought of making Research mandatory.. **

3) Choice: Pick two of several choices.

- Transition - Min 5 post. - is similar to Homesickness, except adjusting to wearing the banded hem, the new rights and responsibilities that go with it.

- Punishment - Min 5 posts. - Your character catches a NPC/PC Novice or Accepted doing something that is strictly forbidden which requires them to be punished. (Do you go to the MoN, or give out your own punishment? Makes sure to explain why or why not. )

- Turning of the Wheel - Min 5 posts. - A character specific roleplay where your character may change in some manner due to an event.

- Aid - Min 5 posts. - An RP where you give assistance to another character.

- Discovery - Min 5 posts. - You character must discover something of great importance, be it something about your character or anouther. (How do you deal with this discovery? Do you hide it, or come face to face with it?)

- Research - Min 5 posts. - Research a topic of some sort, may be Ajah related or simply a matter of interest to your character.

Testing and the Three Oaths

Congratulations! You have completed your training as an Accepted. But in order to become Aes Sedai, you must not only display the qualities demanded of an Aes Sedai, but you must also know all 100 Weaves (IC) and complete the Testing. However, this does not gain you access to your aspiring Ajah. Again, this Rp must be started by a full ranking member.

Now if you are a returning character, in other words someone that has been raised to full rank before and is taking advantage of the ability to have more than one chracter at full rank without doing all the reqs. Then your list is a little different:

II. If you have completed the raising requirements with ANY prior character in this division, you may start off as an Aes Sedai. However,  Upon submitting a Full Sister as a PC character you must complete the following: The Ajah Requirement RP, One character development RP that includes no less than 3 other Players, The Oath RP, and the Accepted Interview.

To report your reqs you need to have a thread here with your name in it, as you get them done just post them in there or edit the first thread. I will be starting threads for many of you but if I miss one just post your own. It is strictly your duty to report your reqs to me so make sure you actually do it or you will just keep wondering why you haven't been raised yet. You need to have this form inside your post filled out:

NOVICES

Name:

Quiz Completed?: Yes/No

Entry Post: Yes/No and Link

Touching the Source:Yes/No and Link

Choice 1: number of posts and Link

Choice 2: number of posts and Link

Novice Interview: Yes/No

ACCEPTED

Name:

Arches: Yes/No and Link

Ajah RP: Yes/No and Link

Character Centered RP: number of posts and Link

number of posts, LINK

Choice 1: number of posts and Link

Choice 2: number of posts and Link

Oaths: Yes/No Link

Accepted Interview: Yes/No

2nd and 3rd Character

Name:

Ajah Requirement (with your chosen ajah): Yes/No and Link

Character Development RP: Yes/No and Link

Three Oaths: Yes/No and Link

Accepted Interview: Yes/No

If you have any questions you can contact me at jaydenasedai [a] roadrunner [.] com

The email for prank approvals, questions, new bios etc is DMWTBIOS@gmail.com

Thank you for posting all this, Jaydena :) It is very clear and it's good to have this info clearly presented in one place here in DM too.

I do have one question, though.

How do you handle the N&A interviews these days? Are they done in person on IMs or chat or are they more in fill in quiz format? Also who does the interviewing?

Guest Arie Ronshor

Once we get to taht point, I'm taking over. Although with the mass amount it may be a little bit yet, but my goal is to take over them the way you were handling them. For not, i'ts a quiz format. In months to come, i'm hoping Chat! :)

• 1 month later...

The rules are the same as they have always been, novices are not allowed out of the Tower or in the Yard. Accepted only with an Aes Sedai or when training with the warders. There are freedays, I am going to talk to James about getting a set chore going each month and freeday rps for the Accepted. I will talk to Andrea about the rules as I can't find them either.  ;)

Guest Arie Ronshor

They should be on the website somewhere.. :(  If i can't find them, i'll get them up on my next day off... (along with everything else)..

• 3 months later...