DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Season 3 Announcement

Terry05

That is fair, but my counterpoint is that without anything like that then WoT is a dead end series.

That is one of the things I like about Star Wars, Star Trek, and recently even the Potterverse. Through some means more exists. 

It does not always have to be canon either. But it is content. And I love me some content.

With Every new game - Fallout lore grows, Dragon Age's lore grows, The Elder Scrolls lore grows.

And While some entries may disappoint (Looking at you Fallout 76) the lore it added is still intriguing to me 🙂  

1 hour ago, CaddySedai said:

@VooDooNut Or possibly just allow WoT to expand - not unlike the "Legends" universe in Star Wars (encompassing all the non movie / non Disney approved novels etc)

I would love to see an author tackle the AoL. Or even an actual different turning. Or maybe even the period immediately following the breaking. Maybe another Age. Maybe a PSW. 

There is a mountain of unexplored space in WoT that Jordan sadly never got to explore.

Would love to see more - and am terrified to see more.  What if I hate it?

I was so hyped going into the TV show, telling friends/coworkers about my favorite books and how it was being made into a show, setting up a watch party (with cookies made to look like the seals on the DO's prison) - and then reality was a rapidly deflating balloon.

Safer approach with any possible future releases, be they book or media, would be: 'Let's see what this garbage is all about' and hope to be pleasantly surprised...

1 hour ago, CaddySedai said:

That is fair, but my counterpoint is that without anything like that then WoT is a dead end series.

That is one of the things I like about Star Wars, Star Trek, and recently even the Potterverse. Through some means more exists. 

It does not always have to be canon either. But it is content. And I love me some content.

With Every new game - Fallout lore grows, Dragon Age's lore grows, The Elder Scrolls lore grows.

And While some entries may disappoint (Looking at you Fallout 76) the lore it added is still intriguing to me 🙂  

Absolutely see what you mean.  Depends on what you want.  I'm perfectly fine with a nicely tied off story.  Dune and Ender's Game both had numerous sequels that I had no interest in.  First book was plenty for me in both cases - and I still read them both every couple or three years.

For Star Wars, I couldn't wait for more movies in that universe - but now I'm done, too much.

Same for the MCU - really enjoyed some of the core character movies and the Avenger amalgamations.  But stop already.

So it depends for me - sometimes less, sometimes more.  But in the end, I don't need all the answers.  If Jordan didn't get to explore something then I get to choose what happened.  I don't need a bow on everything.  Other people want more details...

Edited by DojoToad

@DojoToad

See thats the risk with anything you love. You want it to be great, and hope for the best. 

Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. 

For me it is about finding something I CAN enjoy even it it is my familiar “content” refrain. 

I am a Trekkie. I understand the goal of the Abramsverse is to bring modern audiences into Star Trek. To go big tent - so to speak. And they succeeded in doing that, several people I met love the Abramsverse. Me I still prefer the original universe. To be honest I gave up on Abrams after two movies and he likely won’t get me back. Its not his fault - I just prefer aspects of Trek he can’t provide me.  Without Abrams tho I doubt Id now have Discovery, Lower Decks, Prodigy, and Strange New Worlds (which unlike Abrams’ - is more like “MY” Enterprise lol.)

So my hope is that the series brings us more. And for each misfire can come something amazing.