DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Hello everyone!

Asthereal

Just finished the last book, and I can't stop thinking about it. So I signed up here instead of doing work...

What a ride!

I started the series when we went into our second COVID lockdown, and was looking for something to occupy my time with. I was always a bit intimidated by the sheer size of the series, but I reckoned I could always quit if I didn't like it anymore. But that never happened. Only book 10 felt like a serious drag to me, with no payoffs to reward me for staying with it, but the internet already told me book 11 would be great again, so I felt like fighting through one poor entry should be acceptable. And it was so worth it! Book 11 is excellent, and Brandon's work on the ending is exceptionally strong, imho. He is so good with plotting and pacing, and I loved how he wrapped up the series.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to some interesting discussion here on the forum. There's so much to talk about!

11 hours ago, SharSheen Veren said:

Welcome Asthereal!  I'm glad you had something so excellent during the lockdown.

Thank you! Yeah, me too. Though we're still in a sort of half lockdown right now, and I have no idea what to do with my time now. Maybe I should try a videogame again. That's been ages. Any recs?

On 1/22/2022 at 1:14 AM, SharSheen Veren said:

What system do you have for games?  Plenty of recommendations here!  ?  

PC (3700X, 32GB of 3600MHz RAM, GTX 980 - sad, but GPUs are twice their normal price, so I'll have to wait until that goes back to normal before I'll be able to afford an upgrade there).

I'm a casual gamer. I prefer slower games that allow time to consider options and don't require years of training to get good enough to enjoy them. (Yup, getting old..)

This weekend I started a new book (Artemis by Andy Weir) but it felt weird and inconsequential. I'll have to give it some time before I'll be able to enjoy other books again, I fear. ? 

Edited by Asthereal

XCOM games?   What genre do you like? 

On 1/24/2022 at 9:20 AM, Asthereal said:

PC (3700X, 32GB of 3600MHz RAM, GTX 980 - sad, but GPUs are twice their normal price, so I'll have to wait until that goes back to normal before I'll be able to afford an upgrade there).

I'm a casual gamer. I prefer slower games that allow time to consider options and don't require years of training to get good enough to enjoy them. (Yup, getting old..)

This weekend I started a new book (Artemis by Andy Weir) but it felt weird and inconsequential. I'll have to give it some time before I'll be able to enjoy other books again, I fear. ? 

• 2 weeks later...