DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

"A wizard did it"

JenniferL

Frink: "Yes, over here, m-hay, m-hayven... in Episode BF12, you were battling barbarians while riding a winged Appaloosa, yet in the very next scene my dear, you're clearly atop a winged Arabian! Please do explain it!"

Lucy Lawless: "Uh, yeah, well, whenever you notice something like that... a wizard did it."

Frink: "Yes, alright, yes, in episode AG04--"

Lucy Lawless: "Wizard!"

Frink: "Oh, for glavin out loud..."

-- The Simpsons, "Treehouse of Horror X"

My middle schoolers, especially my seventh graders, are very literal creatures. Honestly, I think some of it is just an attempt to be as obnoxious as humanly possible, but you know, middle schooler. Anyways, seventh grade is studying African folk tales currently. Some of them, the ones who go into dry heaves at the very mention of sci fi or fantasy, are having a very hard time accepting any sort of "magical thinking". So I've taken to just looking at them very flatly and saying "A wizard did it. Accept it and move on."

It's gotten to the point where they are now saying it to each other. "Hey! Where did my notebook go?" "A wizard did it! *giggle*"

Of course, now I'm telling them "The Final Five did it", just to make them nuts.

she is my number 2 guess. Though either make sense..

Sorry we took your eye and got your wife killed...

Only problem with Starbuck is they might have detected she was a cylon during her stay in the "clinic," though the ovary probably was destroyed before they could analyze it, but they could have analyzed her blood.

wow we are such geeks...

Archived