So as usual when reading the books, well any books, I always picture what I would have done differently as the character. So here's a few things I came up with
1. Egwene - She knew how to mask the ability to channel, travel, and disguise herself. I would have traveled into the white tower masked and in disguise, used the power to bind Elaida and travel away back to the camp. Risky, but I think I could have pulled it off without too many problems. If it didn't break the tower sisters, keep it up until they do. I'd put a few sisters with the army to try and cut off the sneak attacks, a few barriers of air going around them and you got yourself some prisoners.
2. Mat - I would have leashed Tuon just to see her reaction after she tried to use the leashed aes sedai on him when they were in the wagon. I would have tried to get some oaths from the Aes Sedai he was rescuing to follow my orders while they remained with him since he knows they usually try to take over whenever they can
3. Elyane - If she was looking for mercenaries, she knew about Mat's army. I would have sent word to Egwene asking for them. That gives her at least some trustworthy mercs. I also would have done an offensive using gateways, but then I wouldn't have cared too much about not shedding too much blood to capture them as she did. Drop the Red Hand about a few miles behind the camp outside town while bringing a small force out of the gate to get their attention and it's over. Or knowing that Egwene can enter people's dreams, I would have asked her to try to find Gwayn and get him to start the trek back to take over his role as First Prince.
4. Perrin - Tough for the group he had as they are all hotheads, but grab a few white robes with an ashaman, travel into the water area, go find faile and crew, travel out the next day. He never seemed too worried about actually trying to break the shaido, just get faile out.
5. Rand - I would have just tossed cadsuane no matter what min said, mostly because her character annoys me. I probably would have also listened to Logain a bit more and checked up on the black tower, especially since he never sounded too trusting of Taim as it was. Also, I would have been quizzing the sworn sisters if it was possible to release a warder and then command Alanna to release me once I found out. I would have also used the sworn sisters to link with and use the tear sword that wasn't a sword to pretty much wipe away the seachan but that would have killed a lot of story lines. If he was directing the flows, it shouldn't be any problem with the 3 oaths as the captured aes sedai haven't had a problem being used as weapons with the sul'dam.
6. Nynaeve - She can travel, Lan is with her, and I forgot the name of the sister who has his bond but she is with Egwene. Travel to the camp, grab the sister and get his bond and then you can go back to whatever you were doing.
That covers most of the main characters. These would make for a lot less interesting read, but it's what I would have done. Anyone else ever think about these things? Hope I didn't butcher names too bad. I went from memory as all my stuff is packed up to move soon.
And gotta add, glad I found this place. It's amazing how much some of you have dissected these books. I've caught a few things here and there, but a lot of these threads are great to read. Plus it saved me from not missing the news on the next book date.