Today Tor Books released new information about the Wheel of Time Companion, the upcoming encyclopedia-style supplement to the Wheel of Time series.
Here's what we know about the book so far:
- It will be released in November 2015.
- It's organized alphabetically, like an encyclopedia, with entries for all 2,000+ named characters in the series.
- It includes a complete dictionary for the Old Tongue.
- It includes other information about the characters, history, and world such as the relative strengths for many channelers.
- It includes new maps and character illustrations (although we are not sure if they are color or black and white. No artists have been announced).
- It includes all of the maps previously found inside the books.
- The complete book is over 350,000 words, which makes it as longer than an average-sized WoT novel.
- The Companion will have spoilers for the entire series.
The image seen here is the book cover. Harriet McDougall is, of course, Robert Jordan's widow and the editor of the entire series. Alan Romanczuk and Maria Simons are their assistants, who've had an intimate role in organizing and tracking the lore of the series for many years.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.