A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[TV] Yveva's American Idol Challenge

Yveva

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Emperor

ok... the show got interesting to me. It seems Howard Stern has his fans voting for Sanjaya Malakar... and I think it is genius. If they keep this guy who obviously has little talent and does not deserve to win in the show for as long as possible, it would indicate flaws in the show.

Genius! What do you guys think?

Guest Haxorsist

I think it's funny. I used to check the Vote For The Worst boards during the last season of American Idol. I think alot of people are voting for him, because he's not even in the bottom 3 sometimes. Howard Stern telling his fans to check out VoteForTheWorst.com probably gave Sanjaya a necessary boost. I wonder how long they will be able to keep him in the competition.

Last year Kellie Pickler was their VFTW-pick and she did well if I remember correctly.

It seems a lot of jocks are jumping on that bandwagon. Opie & Anthony are doing it. And a talk radio DJ in Dallas is promoting both Howard's and O&A's efforts as well. I think it's kind of funny. As long as my top 4 don't get booted because of it. Then I'd probably get a bit miffed.

Guest Emperor

Sorry Mendorah, I am routing for him to win. I dislike reality TV and how it has over taken TV so I am looking forward to the downfall of Idol. I think this will be one step in that direction.

I can respect that. I refused to watch it until two seasons ago, myself but I've found that I enjoy it once it gets passed the stupid tryouts as those are pretty rediculous.

But I think that AI is this generation's Star Search and it will most likely be around for a while. Similar to America's Funniest Home Videos. I can't believe that show's still on!

I think, though that with this past couple of years' smart new shows coming out, I think that reality TV will be phased back a little. I mean, with the insanity over Lost and Heros, we're already seeing more sci-fi and fantasy shows being produced. And good lord, there's a CSI or crime drama type show on nearly every channel almost every night, so there's only so many slots reality TV can fill. It'll run it's course eventually.

Guest Haxorsist

Did anyone see Chris Sligh last week, when Seacrest was telling people to vote for him, and Sligh started yelling: "Hi Dave! Dave!"? That was a shout-out to VoteForTheWorst.com. I think he wants those votes. :lol:

Guest Yveva

I thought it was funny that Empy's curly haired pick to win it all was booted and Sanjaya stayed. take that meaniepantsemp!!!

Guest Emperor

Bah that is a sacrifice I can take. Plus I picked that by watching 5 minutes of the show with you once.

Meanie pants for sure...

• 2 weeks later...

I'm ok with watching the Sanjaya trainwreck until he beats one of my top 4. Then I'm gonna have to get medieval on somebody. I never vote for this show, but if he's still there by the time we get to six, I may just have to start voting. Oh god that sucks!

We should bet on who wins. The loser has to do something stupid and get mocked.

As I manage to achieve this on an almost daily basis, I'm not betting on anyone to win I've given up watching it - is the girl with no neck and the great voice still on it? Her "oh you think I can sing? wow!" act started to grate on my nerves a while back and that put me off watching.

Stupid thing I did today - I bought four (count 'em!) of the most vomit inducing romance novels in the BX today and I plan to read them all this weekend. Well when I say read them I might just skip around until I find the dirty bits :oops: Mock me for I am one sad bunny.

Guest Haxorsist

Bah, Sanjaya went home. It was kinda harsh, actually, because the whole crowd started cheering when Seacrest Sanjaya was going home. Well, he came in 7th, so I was closest. You lose, Empy. :P

Archived