DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

I'm excited: King's The Talisman is coming to TNT

Emperor

Guest Emperor

I have read this book many times and think I still own it. Very good book as well as the follow up, Black House.

After a successful collaboration on the critically acclaimed "Into the West," TNT is teaming once again with DreamWorks Television and executive producer Steven Spielberg, this time for an epic, six-hour adaptation of Stephen King and Peter Straubs' other-worldly adventure "The Talisman," according to an announcement by Michael Wright, senior vice president of original programming for TNT and TBS. This project also returns the drama network to King territory after such high-profile projects as "Salem's Lot," one of cable's most popular movies of 2004, and this year's "Nightmares & Dreamscapes: From the Stories of Stephen King." Frequent Spielberg partner Kathleen Kennedy will join him in executive-producing "The Talisman," along with Ehren Kruger (The Skeleton Key, The Ring, Arlington Road and currently adapting Nightline for DreamWorks Features), who will adapt the King/Straub novel. "The Talisman" will be co-executive produced by Darryl Frank ("Into the West," "Taken") and Justin Falvey ("Into the West," "Las Vegas"), who head up DreamWorks Television. "The Talisman" is slated to premiere on TNT in summer 2008.

Cool, this is one King novel I think has the ability to actually be good on the telly. Though 6 hours...I dunno, perhaps a bit short. Ah well, I have confidence in this, it will be good.

Hopefully this is a test and a warming-up before they sit down and get started on the Black Tower :D

• 3 months later...
Guest Emperor

Update.

0345444884.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

As previously reported, the acclaimed 1984 Stephen King/Peter Straub novel “The Talisman” will become a TNT miniseries premiering summer 2008.

Now comes word that the project could continue as an ongoing series the following year.

You’ll recall that on other cable channels, both “The 4400” and “Battlestar Galactica” began life as miniseries.

Guest Emperor

lol.... Ummm yeah, let's do it... because... I love the book... it's thick though... like 600 pages... wait I am talking to Wot Readers out there.

To be honest, it was very slow through the first 100 - 150 pages... but got real good.

• 5 months later...

The 1984 Stephen King/Peter Straub novel looks not to rate a 2008 screen adaptation after all!

From Thursday morning’s Hollywood Reporter:

TNT's six-hour adaptation of the Stephen King-Peter Straub novel, executive produced by Spielberg and Kathleen Kennedy, has been put on hold because of budgetary issues, sources said.

Archived