DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

What is up with GMAIL??? >_<

If anyone knows what's going on, pls help!

So, if you have a Gmail acct, you know that under Settings, you can click on Accounts and Gmail can pick up your email from your other pop accts, like for work or school. I've had no trouble with this until recently. I set up a DM acct for myself and I've been writing emails thru Gmail for it.

However, all the replies have been going straight to my D-Mail, and not my Gmail! :x This is the reason why I havent replied to Mother, Mendorah, Kepen and a bunch of others that have sent me email. :oops: And I've missed all the "Notification of Replies" from here and the Blue offsite board! :( I like having my D-Mail acct just for DM, but if Gmail's not gonna pick it up, I'd rather go back to just having ppl email me directly at Gmail.

We have a word for this in Chinese - (I'm a Chinese teacher) - it's MA-FAN. That means "a big pain in my butt." :roll:

You need to set your "reply to" email to be your DMail address. I have mine set up so that I can force people to respond to my school address when they send mail to my gmail account. Its easy to do if you play around with your settings.

Yea, I did that - and for the emails I set up months ago, that works fine. But newer emails I tried to program recently, like my school acct and D-Mail, Gmail's just not picking up the mail from the server. So, it's an internal Gmail problem, as far as I can tell. [Even tho they keep saying it's not their fault. :roll: ]

So, I'm just going to email them a complaint.

Archived