DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

POSITION TO APPLY FOR: EXECUTIVE OFFICER

Jeannaisais

As has been announced, F Horn of Valere has stepped down as Executive-Officer of the Band of the Red Hand due to real life commimtments with immediate effect. Jeannaisais remains as the Under-Commander of the Band of the Red Hand, and therefore the 2iC of the Social Group. She will remain in charge of points and promotions. Because of Horn stepping down, there is currently a vacancy within the Senior Staff - the position of Executive Officer. As of now, the Senior Staff are accepting applications for the vacant Executive Officer position, who will be in charge of the Raw Recruit Scheme. Should none from the Band apply, we will begin to look externally for the executive officer. As mentioned in the description, the deadline to apply will be a week from this Friday--December 17, 2011. Details on applying are listed below.

Below are the duties of the Executive Officer.

Requirements & What is Needed

- The Executive Officer is the 3iC of the Band, taking over the reins when the Marshal-General and the Under-Commander are not around

- Needs to be very active to warrant such a prestigious rank and honour

- Will be involved in running and judging the entries for the Bi-Monthly Competitions to work out the Best Regiment in the Band, and show no bias to their former Regiment

- The Executive Officer will run the Raw Recruit Scheme

- To step in to calculate and post points and promotions should the Under-Commander and Marshal-General be away on a LoA when points and promotions are due to be posted

Role within the Raw Recruit Scheme

- Keep track of all new Raw Recruits in the scheme

- Send the relevant information to welcome the new members by PM

- Maintain and update all public and private records pertaining to Raw Recruits including LoAs, MIA status changes, use of Free Strikes, task completion or non-completion

- Remind Raw Recruits of Roll Calls and advise them of Band activities they can participate in such as the "Tune or No Tune," "Original vs. Covers", "It's A Knockout"

- Inform recruits of when their threads have been posted so they can interact with the rest of the Band

- Also inform the three Regiments that there is a Recruit that needs bagging

- Record RR dead Review Response & Recruit of the Month points then pass them to the Under-Commander

- Moderate the boards within the "Recruit Business" area, including the Passing Out Parade board, update and correct the information provided there

- Tell Raw Recruits when it is time to choose their Regiment, post their Passing Out thread and award their Raw Recruit Stripe where relevant

- Is a point of contact for all members but specifically Recruits

Additional Information

- Upon taking the rank of Executive Officer, any other ranks you have will have to be left. Being the Executive Officer is a senior rank, so that means if you are a Banner-General, you no longer have that position, and a replacement will be found. You can still earn points as before.

- There will be moderator status at DM

- A preference will be shown to longer serving Band Members and those of the rank Lieutenant and above, but if you are of a lower rank, and feel you can do the job, then there is nothing stopping you from applying

- It will be an advantage to have served as a Regimental Liaison Officer (RLO) in the past

- When the position is vacant, applications are to be official, and made via email to the Band's email address. No applications by PM will be accepted.

- The applications will be discussed with the other senior staff member, and between us, we will find who we believe fit to run the Raw Recruit Scheme.

- All future applicants will be given an interview (if the position becomes vacant) to see if they are fit for the job. Knowledge of the Raw Recruit Programme will be tested, as well as of the Band in general.

Applying to be the Executive Officer

As the Executive Officer is a Senior Staff position, I will be expecting an official application by email, saying why you believe you are suitable and what you can offer the Band of the Red Hand by taking this position, and maybe how you can possibly improve the position from what it is already. Email me at shen_an_calhar@hotmail.co.uk, and then I will get chatting to Jeannaisais over the applications, before we finally decide the new Executive Officer.

The closing date for applications is Saturday 17th, December 2011. That gives you 1 week as I would like a new replacement quickly.

Feel free to PM Corki or Jeannaisais with any questions you may have.

I look forward to all applications.

And thank you to Horn again for all his hard work over the last few years in whatever position he has been in.

• 4 weeks later...

I have received no applications for this position. As a result, I will be looking at other avenues to fill this position.

If any Banders are interested (rank is irrelevant at the moment as I will be reworking the Band), please do email me.

Archived