DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Fantasy in High School

Chief91592

Yeah because High School kids never encounter sex anywhere else right?

Let's get real, asoiaf is mild compared to what people that age have access to/is exposed to through a myriad of other venues anyway.

but that doesn't mean it's acceptable for a teacher to have as required reading material for their students. and in todays age, you have to consider how the parents act as well :rolleyes:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah because High School kids never encounter sex anywhere else right?

Let's get real, asoiaf is mild compared to what people that age have access to/is exposed to through a myriad of other venues anyway.

but that doesn't mean it's acceptable for a teacher to have as required reading material for their students. and in todays age, you have to consider how the parents act as well :rolleyes:

Honestly, asoiaf is so mild I don't even see the problem here. I was required to read books that were far more extreme when I was in High School.

i was in egulre classes in HS, but i can't recall havign to read anything in HS that would make ASoF&I look mild on the sex, rape, incest and gore scale.

the only thing i can think of that comes close is Oedipus, but considering the discriptiveness of ASoF&I, even that doesn't come close.

also Hallow, you have to consider the type of society we're in now. a society that prefers to coddle kids rather that teach them lifes lessons. you kow, liek the "Everyone Wins" mentality that their pushing now :rolleyes:

Archived