DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

CBS Fall Schedule

Emperor

The Fall TV Season presentations for all the new network shows take place this week with the fourth announced today. Here's a full breakdown of which concepts have made the final list over on CBS.

Still faring well, though not as indomitable as it used to be, CBS made headlines more this year for the antics of "Two and a Half Men" star Charlie Sheen than any of its other shows. With Ashton Kutcher now replacing Sheen, the new look 'Men' is staying in the same time slot and you can bet the network is desperately hoping it'll perform as well.

In any case, CBS is actually making some significant changes this year in terms of scheduling. Most notably the new J.J. Abrams series "Person of Interest" is getting the highly coveted Thursday 9pm slot which has been the home of the original "CSI" for the past decade, that show is now moving to Wednesdays. "The Good Wife" is also making a move and will now air Sundays, while sitcom "Rules of Engagement" will now screen on Saturday - the first scripted network show on a Saturday fall schedule in almost a decade.

The Sarah Michelle Gellar-led "Ringer", about a woman who witnesses a murder and has to pose as her wealthy identical twin sister, was in contention at the network. CBS have given it over to The CW network, claiming they couldn't fit it - though there's talk of something going on behind-the-scenes. Certainly the heavily serialised drama isn't as good a fit for procedural-heavy CBS, though it won't get the same kind of ratings on The CW.

A few notable pilots didn't make the final cut and won't be seen. These include the comedy "The Assistants" about a celebrity couple's four personal aides, the Christine Lahti-led family medical drama "The Doctor", the Minnie Driver-led buddy P.I. show "Hail Mary," and the Rob Riggle comedy "Home Game".

Onto the new shows and they are:

2 Broke Girls

(Comedy, Mondays 8:30pm)

Sassy, streetwise Max works two jobs just to get by, one waiting tables during the night shift at the retro-hip Williamsburg Diner. Sophisticated Caroline is an uptown trust fund princess who’s having a run of bad luck that forces her to reluctantly give waitressing a shot.

When Caroline discovers Max’s knack for baking amazing cupcakes, she sees a lucrative future for them, but they first need to raise the start-up money. Working together, these two broke girls might just find the perfect recipe for their big break. Kat Dennings, Beth Behrs, Jonathan Kite, Garrett Morris and Matthew Moy star.

A Gifted Man

(Medical Drama, Fridays 8pm)

An exceptional doctor who lives a materialistic life is rocked when his late ex-wife, an idealistic free-clinic doctor, mysteriously appears to him and asks him to go to her clinic to help keep it running.

Touched by those in need and accepting of Anna’s compassionate “presence,” Michael’s attitude toward serving the rich and poor is turned upside down. Patrick Wilson, Jennifer Ehle, Afton Williamson, Julie Benz and Margo Martindale star.

How to Be a Gentleman

(Comedy, Thursdays 8:30pm)

Follows the unlikely friendship between two men. One is an etiquette columnist whose devotion to ideals from a more civilized time has lead to a life detached from modern society. The other is a reformed “bad boy” who inherited a fitness center and became a personal trainer, but can still be rude, loud and sloppy.

When the columnist is asked to put a modern and sexy twist on his column or be fired, he hires the trainer as a life coach in the hopes of learning to be less “gentle man” and more “real man.” David Hornsby, Kevin Dillon, Dave Foley, Mary Lynn Rajskub, Nancy Lenehan and Rhys Darby star.

Person of Interest

(Crime Thriller, Thursdays 9pm)

A presumed dead former-CIA agent teams up with a mysterious billionaire and software genius who has invented a program which uses pattern recognition to identify people about to be involved in violent crimes.

The two work outside of the law using Reese’s adept skills and Finch’s unlimited wealth to stop crimes before they happen, catching the attention of an NYPD cop and detective in the process. Michael Emerson, Jim Caviezel, Taraji P. Henson and Kevin Chapman star.

Unforgettable

(Cop Drama, Tuesdays 10pm)

Carrie Wells is an enigmatic former police detective with a rare condition that makes her memory utterly flawless, she can remember every moment of her life except for one thing - the details that would help solve her sister’s long-ago murder.

Returning from a break, she finds herself unexpectedly reunited with her ex-boyfriend and partner and decides to permanently join his unit as a detective solving homicides. Poppy Montgomery, Daya Vaidaya, Dylan Walsh, Kevin Rankin and Michael Gaston star.

MID-SEASON PREMIERE:

The 2-2

(Cop Drama, Mid-Season)

The Robert De Niro-produced series follows six diverse NYPD rookies as they patrol the gritty streets of upper Manhattan. These include a former college volleyball star and Marine MP, a former police news reporter with better sources than most cops, and a woman from a family with a criminal history,

There's also an Afghani native who fought his way to freedom, a fourth-generation police officer with great instincts but reservations, and a young basketball legend who squandered his opportunity in the NBA. Their lead by a demanding veteran of the force who emphasizes basics and holds each cop accountable for their actions. Adam Goldberg, Harold House Moore, Judy Marte, Leelee Sobieski, Stark Sands, Terry Kinney and Tom Reed star.

The nightly CBS schedule this Fall will be as follows:

MONDAY

8pm: "How I Met Your Mother"

8:30pm: "2 Broke Girls"

9pm: "Two and a Half Men"

9:30pm: "Mike and Molly"

10pm: "Hawaii Five-O"

TUESDAY

8pm: "N.C.I.S."

9pm: "N.C.I.S.: Los Angeles"

10pm: "Unforgettable"

WEDNESDAY

8pm: "Survivor"

9pm: "Criminal Minds"

10pm: "C.S.I.: Crime Scene Investigation"

THURSDAY

8pm: "The Big Bang Theory"

8:30pm: "How To Be A Gentleman"

9pm: "Person of Interest"

10pm: "The Mentalist"

FRIDAY

8pm: "A Gifted Man"

9pm: "CSI: NY"

10pm: "Blue Bloods"

SATURDAY

8pm: "Rules of Engagement"

8:30pm: Comedy Encores 9pm: Crimetime Saturday 10pm: "48 Hours: Mystery"

SUNDAY

7pm: "60 Minutes"

8pm: "The Amazing Race"

9pm: "The Good Wife"

10pm: "CSI: Miami"

MID-SEASON

"The 2-2," "Undercover Boss"

RENEWALS

"48 Hours: Mystery," "60 Minutes," "The Amazing Race," "The Big Bang Theory," "Blue Bloods," "Criminal Minds," "C.S.I.," "C.S.I.: Miami," "C.S.I.: NY," "The Good Wife," "Hawaii Five-0," "How I Met Your Mother," "The Mentalist," "Mike and Molly," "N.C.I.S.," "N.C.I.S.: Los Angeles," "Rules of Engagement," "Survivor," "Two and a Half Men," "Undercover Boss."

CANCELLATIONS

"Chaos," "Criminal Minds: Suspect Behavior," "The Defenders," "Live to Dance," "Mad Love," "Medium," "$#*! My Dad Says".

Archived