DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[s]Goal: 100,000 New Goal: 200,000[/s] New Goal: 250.000

Toy and Minion

I forgotted my shinguards at the game on Sunday (vair embarrassing) ...so they gave me old men's ones so I could play, but they were faaaar too big and didn't even have straps so I just tucked them into the team socks....which were also too big XD so I couldnt sprint properly cos it felt like having logs loosely tied to moi legs :P

*cackling away at teh mental image* xD

• Replies 237.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Smiley73

• Crimson_Ayla

• Nyanna al'Meara

• mmeeshal

Ah, but Proctor does not just balk at losing his good name, he sees he is being manipulated by the court, that his name will only be used to incriminate other by association. The only does he realise the negative consequences it would have on his name (and therefore the family he leaves behind (which is more important to him now than his own life) ie. he wants a clean name more for his family than himself)

In salem, theocracy ruled, but courts were also ruled by biblical law, therefore speaking against the court proceedings was seen as undermining not only the philosophical bedrock of the community and court, but also speaking out against the law of god - making it even easier to attract blame to yourself as a witch

the title (crucible) - implies purification remove the base elements and wastes from a metal and leave what is good and pure - does this happen to Proctor - what about Salem as a whole, or would I class the witch trials as a false crucible, ironic that it should bring out the best and cast of the bad, but it did the opposite.