• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Smiley73

• Crimson_Ayla

• Nyanna al'Meara

• mmeeshal

the_old_man_and_death_by_evanira-d5kif2o

The Old Man and Death, from Aesop's Fables

"An old labouer, bent double with age and toil, was gathering sticks in the forest. At last he grew so tired and hopeless that he threw down the bundle of sticks and cried out: “I cannot bear this life any longer. Ah, I wish Death would only come and take me!” As he spoke, Death, a grisly skeleton, appeared and said to him: “What wouldst thou mortal? I heard thee call me.” “Please sir,”replied the woodcutter, “would you kindly help me to lift this bundle of sticks on to my shoulder?”"

Moral: We would often be sorry if our wishes were gratified.

the_fox_and_the_crow_by_evanira-d5kid52.

The Fox and the Crow, from Aesop's Fables

"A Crow was sitting on a branch of a tree with a piece of cheese in her beak when a Fox observed her and set his wits to work to discover some way of getting the cheese. Coming and standing under the tree he looked up and said, “What a noble bird I see above me! Her beauty is without equal, the hue of her plumage exquisite. If only her voice is as sweet as her looks are fair, she ought without doubt to be queen of the birds.” The Crow was hugely flattered by this, and just to show the Fox that she could sing she gave a loud caw. Down came the cheese, of course, and the Fox, snatching it up, said, “You have a voice madam, I see. What you want is wits.”"

Moral: Never trust a flatterer.