DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[s]Goal: 100,000 New Goal: 200,000[/s] New Goal: 250.000

Toy and Minion

The main thing is that my boss wanted me to start teaching them sight words, like "and" or "the" or "off" and stuff like that. They have a few words they're already working on, although I think they might need to work on their "left-to-right" reading skills, because I've noticed that they can't differentiate between "on" and "no" and when you ask what letter a word starts with, most of them can't figure it out.

• Replies 237.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Smiley73

• Crimson_Ayla

• Nyanna al'Meara

• mmeeshal

/comforts mmeesh... good thing is, preschoolers are easy to amuse, and no matter how little you think you know, they know a lot less.

As long as you have a plan to go by, and some resources to back you up, you should do great. And if not, hey, they've got a lot of years ahead of them, by the time they hit junior high they probably won't remember whether you were good at it or not. :wink:

OK, that may not be as comforting as it initially appeared to be.

:laugh:

Hey, it helped. :wink:

It's always good to know that if I mess up, it's not going to be the end of the world. And that I'll have time to work out the kinks, of which there will likely be many. XD

I think I'll start off mostly following the routine the other teacher set, so as not to freak the kids out, although they've had over a week off of preschool so they might not even notice...

And then depending on how that goes, I can make adjustments and incorporate new ideas and stuff accordingly.

tumblr_lpnbxwKDWO1qzx2p7o1_500.jpg

Normally I'd agree with this, but then there's stuff like How to Train Your Dragon. The movie took the general concept in the book series and reimagined it, and it was totally amazing. The books, though, are really different, and just as awesome in their own way. :laugh: