• Replies 237.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Smiley73

• Crimson_Ayla

• Nyanna al'Meara

• mmeeshal

I do need to finish my latest WoT reread...I'm partway through A Crown of Swords, although I did have to skip The Dragon Reborn because my copy got ruined and I couldn't get a hold of it at all this year. XD So I'll need to get to that one at some point.

And then I have a few audiobooks I never got to.... First one is I need to finish Mr. Monster by Dan Wells. I was a good way into it, and my iPod randomly decided to reset itself or something, and lost my place. I haven't felt up to trying to find where I was when I last listened to it, so I haven't touched it in forever.

I also have Wizard's First Rule by Terry Goodkind. I don't yet know if I'll read the rest of the series, but I won't know until I've gotten through this one. XD It did come highly recommended by someone I know who has similar tastes in literature. XD

I feel like I am ready to start reading again; a trip to Barnes and Noble the other day really helped with that. I do have time for it, too, it's just actually doing it that needs to happen. I've found that for me, computer time and reading time are almost mutually exclusive. Like, when I read, that's all I do. For days, weeks, whatever. Same with computer. I kind of trade-off every couple of weeks, or months, or whatever. So, lately, it's been computer computer computer. Now it'll be books books books, unless I can learn some balance.

hmm Discworld is long, but I think it might be nice to read, at least a couple

There's nothing wrong with long series of books. :laugh: I GENERALLY don't read entire series in one go, unless they're really gripping me. Like, I think I read The Hunger Games without reading anything in between except my textbooks. I do that with Percy Jackson sometimes, or I did it with most of Harry Potter this year on my random reread.

I usually will read one or two of a series, pick up something else, go back to it whenever I feel like it. I'm very "go with the flow" when it comes to reading. XD

Actually, I just remembered, I did that with Otherland when I read it this last spring. I got them all in the mail for my birthday, and I was sick and didn't work much (4-5 hours a day, 3-4 days a week) and I had NO INTERNET except for maybe a window of an hour or two on days I worked, so I plowed through Otherland in about a week.