DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

java instalation - can anyone help

Elgee

Dragonmount Forums

Social Community => The White Tower (Social Group) => Topic started by: Liitha on 11-09-2010, 16:22:38

Title: java instalation - can anyone help

Post by: Liitha on 11-09-2010, 16:22:38

ok i am out of ideas what to do

i dowloaded and run java so many times, but it just wont install, no messages of failed installation or anything, i hit run and nothing else happens

i got windows 7 on an asus computer

anyone have any idea?

Title: Re: java instalation - can anyone help

Post by: Lambada on 11-09-2010, 18:00:27

Hmm...

Make sure you're running it as an administrator (right-click, run as administrator).

Also try uninstalling all versions of java already on your computer - use Control Panel -> Programs and Features to uninstall them - you may have several on there, but uninstall any that may be found.

Then download a fresh copy - you'll want the Standard Edtion (JavaSE) Runtime Environment (JRE), link: https://cds.sun.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/WFS/CDS-CDS_Developer-Site/en_US/-/USD/ViewProductDetail-Start?ProductRef=jre-6u21-oth-JPR@CDS-CDS_Developer

Make sure you select the correct platform. Most likely you'll want just Windows. But if you have a 64 bit machine then make sure its Windows x64. If you have an Intel Itanium processor, go with that version.

Sorry if it's generic, but I'll do some more research later if this doesn't help.

Archived