DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

What Video games would make a good movie?

Emperor

Guest Emperor

So I was thinking about knights of the old republic and wondering if it could be a good movie (opinions?) when I thought this would be a great topic of conversation. What games would work (if not directed by Ewe Bol or whatever his name is)?

I still think Warcraft would make an excellent movie.

Diablo 2 of course, a good ol' fashioned slash&hack movie, preferably with Ahnold as a barbarian :D

Guest Segurant

City of Heroes because it would be easier than say World of Warcraft.

I would say Starcraft but then made Starship Troopers instead.

Guest Segurant

pffft BITE YOUR TONGUE :P

The game is not the best as I have left the game numerous times but I always manage to go back one way or another. Villains was a good expansion.

Honestly, CoH would have been a great game if it had come out before 85% of the MMO market. It would've done well against EQ. But the XP gain is far too slow and the missions are far too repetitive to stack up against its current competition.

Honestly, I could make 3 or so levels in DAoC in the same amount of time as I could make one in CoH (and that was before the freelevel policy, so now I could make 6 levels) -- I wanted to like CoH soooooo badly, but I'd just played too many other MMO's to be able to deal with its slow pace.

But in terms of visuals and combat, it is a great, great game. Just needs to kick the XP system into overdrive.

And CoV was awesome -- I loved my lil Ninja/Dark mastermind.

Guest Segurant

yeah they need to tweak the XP system. I'll agree with you there. I only play if my usual group is on. otherwise I don't play MMOs anymore.

Emperor Said

Oh geeze, if you guys use abreviations then I will get lost.

CoH = City of Heroes

MMO = Massive Multiplayer Online (RPG aka Role Playing Gmae is the second part of it, MMORPG)

EQ = Everquest

XP = Experience

DAoC = Dark Age of Camelot

CoV = City of Villains

Sorry, when you play an MMO before you get a chat program like Vent, you learn to type in abbreviations else you'll die to monsters or other players a lot. Just kinda kicks in when I talk about them.

Segurant Said

yeah they need to tweak the XP system. I'll agree with you there. I only play if my usual group is on. otherwise I don't play MMOs anymore.

Changes to Dark Age killed my guild, so I ended up in a position where I was running with other guilds to go out and RvR (realm versus realm player versus player combat for Emp) and I had to be running two to four accounts to do any PvE (player vs. computer enemy, levelling up characters).

Which is why I ended up in WoW (World of Warcraft). I like a game where I can go to max level by myself and still do it effectively.

Guest Segurant

City of Heroes

I played a Tauren. I loved using the axe and gun combo.

In CoH I loved playing a defender, healing and dark or energy but I could not stand the 20 odd tells I'd get for joining groups or blind invites. One time I wasn't a healer and got asked to join a group. I got kicked out as I was not a healer! Fucking retards.

Guest Segurant

I was a hunter.

And being a defender for my group was awesome. They would never leave my range and when I said "gather" They knew good things were coming their way

Have they fixed the level cap issue?

Always seemed such a bad idea to make the Villains stop at 40 when the Heroes could get to 50.

And seriously, if they ever speed up the XP let me know -- I really do like the concept of the game, it's just the execution that keeps me from paying them a monthly fee.

Archived