DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Eurovision Song Contest 2010 - General Discussion Thread

Corki

Well, here is a thread for general discussion about the 2010 Eurovision Song Contest, which this year is being held in Oslo, Norway after Alexander Rybak's victory last year, with what I felt was an awful song - Iceland should have won! Feel free to chat about previous competitions, previous winners, views for the forthcoming competition this year, why you love or hate the ESC - basically anything and everything about the contest.

I really haven't been following much this year with regards to Eurovision, but all I know is that the UK have no chance of winning! We picked an awful singer with a terrible song. After our attempts to repair the damage over the last few years, we have gone backwards big time! I have no idea who are considered favourites, so everything is up in the air!

If you know nothing about the Eurovision Song Contest, don't hesitate to ask, and we Europeans will be more than happy to help out.

So feel free to start discussing Eurovision!

So, the first semi-final has been and gone. Catch up with what I thought of it here. Both Maj and myself thought Europe had no test in music tonight, and duds like Serbia and Belgium managed to get into Saturday's finals, while good songs like Macedonia and Malta didn't.

Roll on Thursday as the battle of ballads continues, and there is a splattering of pop. And we get to see the Dutch entry, written by Pierre Kartner (or Father Abraham), who wrote the music for the Smurfs and the Moomins!

Archived