DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Looking for RP partner for a Character Development RP

Harnan

Hi! I'm looking for someone to do a retro-character development RP for my CoL character. It's not for a raising requirement, just to explore my character a bit more. Maybe, if it goes well, it could serve as a basis for a future Raising Req. RP.

The premise of the RP would be something from my character's past. He is a zealot about Lothair Mantelar and did some gruesome stuff back in Amador (his hometown) in his early and mid teens in the name of the Light. The City Guards ran him and his gang out of the country and they took refuge in Tarabon. They didn't change their ways and continued "Darkfriend hunting" there. So, I want to make this RP one of those "hunting" incidents that eventually lead my char's gang to leave town and head further north-west in Tarabon.

This would take place four to five years before the current timeline. I don't have a concrete plan in mind for the RP, other than its setting and any help on that count would be much appreciated. Other than that, there are two kinds of characters I need.

1) Members of the gang under my character - they call themselves the Messengers of the Light

2) Townspeople unfortunate enough to have been branded Darkfriends by the gang

As I said before, I don't have a clear plot in mind. Basically, the gang take it upon themselves to "hunt" Darkfriends in the town and come upon a particular family. Why is something I need to work in. Intrigue ensues. The gang alerts the local guard, talks with prominent folk, spreads malicious rumours, threaten the family in question, invade their home and eventually murder one of their number. The details are yet to be fleshed out.

This will probably need NPCs, since I don't know if there would be any PC characters at that time in Tarabon.

I hope at least a couple of people are attracted to this, at least.  :)

Thanks

Hm. Do NPCs need to submit bios to play or is there an option for playing TTPCs and jumping right in? :)

Edit: I just realised something. My PC Red Sister is a Taraboner. If it's retro she could have been young enough not to show her agelessness yet. In any case if newly raised Saline encounters any Messengers of the Light or CoL in say, Elmora, Tarabon she wouldn't be keen to reveal her identity for fear of being hunted down as a darkfriend or use the OP. She was an exiled noble though, so probably won't take too kindly to intrigue and mob talk of murdering homes. Could work as a WS req for me, if you're interested.

Um, is the NPC/TTPC thing dependent upon me? If it is then I don't think any bios are needed. Except for a couple of characters, I don't think any of the other chars will ever be used again. Jumping should be just fine. Though, for convenience's sake, if the char is a Messenger his/her history might be discussed in the planning thread to avoid any discrepancies.

Ooh, a Red sister. That would be great, as long as you can fit her in the story somehow. As an Aes Sedai she must dislike Light zealots like my char in any case and she wouldn't want innocent Taraboners to be branded Darkfriends. We can definitely work something out there.

I'm just gonna assume it is my decision, unless I'm corrected... ;D

Alright let's see what I can come up with -

i)Elmora seems just right. It's big enough to be believable. Let's go with Elmora.

ii)Let's decide what your Red character would be doing in Elmora. Is she on a secret Red Ajah mission or is it something more personal? Since it's your character, it's totally your privilege to think up a reason suitable for her personality.

iii) The Messengers have been in town for a couple of months. They're a devious lot. They have enough money with them (almost all of them are from rich merchant or noble families) to just sit and eat, but instead they have taken up jobs around town, the better to spot Darkfriends. They don't flaunt themselves, though certain rumours about the group have been spread about. They have investigated the most prominent families, the law and order situation at the town, the level of "Light friendliness of the people." They are a seriously dedicated bunch of nuts. They do nightly patrols and usually meet at pubs or inns to discuss their plans. Perhaps your Red sister could come across them in such an inn.

iv) Now the most trouble I'm having is coming up with a plausible reason for the Messengers to latch onto a certain family (well-to-do, best if minor nobility) as Darkfriends. They see Darkfriends everywhere for sure, but still - what compels them to suspect this particular family? Any ideas on that count? 

Ah, you're new here as well, but if you can ask any friends on DM to take a look at this, I'll be grateful. Someone playing the victim would enrich the RP much more. Thanks!

So, basically the Messengers latch on to your Red's family for being related to Aes Sedai? That sounds great! Your Red is recently raised and not yet ageless right? So they'd have to find out that she was a sister, somehow. But there's plenty of ways to do that. So we have a start! Now I just need to flesh out some TTPC bios and entice a couple more RPers and we can get on to a rocky start!  :D

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, sorry for disappearing. I hope you're still interested? I asked permission for holding the RP from my Division head and after she gives it (or not, but I'm hoping she does), I'll get the TTPC bios together. I had three or four in mind:

1) A Messenger of the Light - a recently hired maid at your noble house. I'm thinking she finds out you're Aes Sedai. More roles later on.

2) Another Messenger of the Light - a helper to a grocery merchant. does deliveries. takes the maid's message to my PC. More roles later on.

3) Some official of the town - takes the Messengers in at some point for rumour-mongering and such.

Hmm, do you think we need any more? I'm not even entirely sure we just can't use NPCs for these.  ???

After a talk with claireducky the WT ADL her main point of concern was how far my Sister would involve herself. For example, she suggests a funny way of retribution vs the members of the gang including your char in the end would be to dump them in Amadacia with notes tied around their necks of what they've done in the name of the light. That maybe when you're being questioned you'll be asked to join the children to save your companions. :D

Just an idea.

I am eager to kick this into action before interests fade/planning seems too bogged down. First let's get ready a RP plan.

We have: where --> Elmora, Tarabon

who --> you and me atm :)

TTPCs --> messengers of the light gang + falsely accused townspeople + town officials

Now, what we need to decide. How many threads will this be in? What is the purpose of each thread? What do you think is the best focus on telling this witchhunting story? It's mainly about your character's progress :D

Edit: Oh I've forgotten. Have an FL char approved just now. Could put him in too.

Ahh! I'm so extremely sorry to leave you hanging like this! :-[ Work has just been terrible. To make matters worse, I'm leaving town for a week right now. I'm really very sorry. After I return next Saturday, I promise to dive straight into this. I just hope you're still interested then!

It's almost Saturday. Just realised I could advance to another WS with this RP so I'm definitely interested, yep. ;)

WS5-WS6: The Open Road - Aes Sedai organized an RP in a hostile (to AS) area. A conflict occurs to which the Aes Sedai must choose to battle either with OP (and reveal herself), with a weapon or try to find a more peaceful way out of the situation. How well does the Aes Sedai handle this situation?

** Must encounter 2 PCs from another division.

** Min 16 posts for the entire RP.