DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Something to consider

oroboros

And where have you read that Ishamael has always fought the same side?  Elan morin tedronei (sp?)/Ishamael/Moridin are all one personality, ie he has not been reborn a single time throughout the story.  So ofcourse he has been fighting the same side.  But you don't know who he fought for in previous reincarnations.

In the prologue of the EOTW / Book 1, doesn't Ishy state that he and the Champion of the Light / LTT / The Dragon, have faced off "countless times" before?  This seems to imply he's always been the Champion of the Dark or Naeblis?

Makes me think, in answer to the original question behind this thread, that Ishy is the only Forsaken that remembers life before the AOL's and the war of the shadow. 

To use RJs own words, You believe Ishamael??? Sorry, man, but cmon!

It's wayyy too easy to say that everything from Ishy is a lie.  So  the first scene, from the prologue of the first book was all lies?  Every conclusion in this forum developed or drawn from an ISHY Pov is wrong on the basis that he's the Father of Lies?  Seems too convenient to me anyway!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And where have you read that Ishamael has always fought the same side?  Elan morin tedronei (sp?)/Ishamael/Moridin are all one personality, ie he has not been reborn a single time throughout the story.  So ofcourse he has been fighting the same side.  But you don't know who he fought for in previous reincarnations.

In the prologue of the EOTW / Book 1, doesn't Ishy state that he and the Champion of the Light / LTT / The Dragon, have faced off "countless times" before?  This seems to imply he's always been the Champion of the Dark or Naeblis?

Makes me think, in answer to the original question behind this thread, that Ishy is the only Forsaken that remembers life before the AOL's and the war of the shadow. 

It's wayyy too easy to say that everything from Ishy is a lie.  So  the first scene, from the prologue of the first book was all lies?  Every conclusion in this forum developed or drawn from an ISHY Pov is wrong on the basis that he's the Father of Lies?  Seems too convenient to me anyway!

Of course everything he has said has not been a lie, but one should always have a healthy amount of scepticism regarding what he says, especially with things that does not quite add up. Like the Dragon having been raised as the DOs champion. Or, Ishamael through some weird freaksidence remembering his past incarnations. Sounds a lot more like his ego talking, combined with a wee bit of insanity.

Of course everything he has said has not been a lie, but one should always have a healthy amount of scepticism regarding what he says, especially with things that does not quite add up. Like the Dragon having been raised as the DOs champion. Or, Ishamael through some weird freaksidence remembering his past incarnations. Sounds a lot more like his ego talking, combined with a wee bit of insanity.

I appreciate and understand the need for skepticism with regards to Ishamael.  I only wanted to point out that the Prologue to EOTW, more specifically the conversation with LTT and his reference to the number of times they had faced off, would be one possible indication that ISHY has been the DO's champion, if not Naeblis, many times.

Of course, this doesn't answer WHY he is Naeblis. 

Archived