DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Harry Potter and the Deadly Hallows split into 2 movies

Segurant

"Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" is such a big story that the final book in the J.K. Rowling series will have to encompass two films, not just one.

Warner Bros. is expected to announce Thursday that the final book will be split into two productions that will be released in November 2010 and May 2011, according to the Los Angeles Times.

So will one of the films carry a new name? Not really, says producer David Heyman. The films will simply be known as "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 1" and "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 2."

Both of the films will carry the same director, David Yates, who also directed "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix" and "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince." Both of the "Deathly Hallows" films will be produced concurrently.

The script will be written by Steve Kloves, who is now signed on to write seven of the eight films.

Source:  http://syfyportal.com/news424812.html

Guest Far Dareis Mai

I feel meh about this. Ultimately I'd rather have two very good films than one that is so chopped up and pieced together it's merely a skeleton of the story it's trying to portray. But since I've read the books and always enjoy them more, I typically wait until these movies come out on DVD so I can either rent and/or purchase them.

Archived