I am calling for applications for two people to join my staff as bloggers. Applications for these positions will be open until Friday, June 15th.
Description of the Job Positions:
1. The first open position is for a new Theory Blogger to take over for Despothera, who sadly no longer has time for this position. This person will be responsible for a short weekly column about WoT theories. You can read Despothera's old articles here if you need to see examples. You do not need to make the blogs as long or detailed as he did, but you can if you wish.
2. The second open position is for a WoT Humor Blogger. This blog is brand new and will be a regular feature on Wednesdays. This person will be responsible for a short weekly column featuring a combination of existing WoT humor from around the Internet (e.g. Mat's Inbox, the WoT lightbulb jokes, the WoT Lolcats) and creating their own WoT humor content.
Job Duties for Both Front Page Blogger Positions:
1. Bloggers are expected to produce content in their respective areas for the front page once per week. They must be able to meet deadlines in a timely manner.
2. Bloggers occasionally will be called upon to assist the Front Page Admin with brainstorming new ideas for features.
3. Bloggers are expected to dedicate time each week to the Front Page Bloggers Staff Board and the DM Staff Board. As members of DM Staff, they act as representatives of the members of DM and their input is vital in the decision making process. Bloggers should be actively engaged in discussions on staff boards.
4. Bloggers must be able to give at least a 6 month commitment of approximately 5 hours per week. LOAs will come up, of course.
Anyone who thinks they can fulfill the requirements may apply. Strong candidates are people who possess the following qualities: efficiency, writing ability, organizational skills, creativity, maturity, and the ability to work well with others.
The Application Process:
If you are interested, please send an email to email@example.com.
In each application, please include:
* Your DM Handle.
* Some details about who you are in real life, including anything you think will have prepared you for leadership (including past online leadership experience).
* A sample of your writing consisting of at least three short paragraphs. This can be in the form of a brief essay, a blog, a school paper, a newspaper article, a forum post, a short story, or a role play. You do not have to write something new for this application; in fact, many of you already have forum posts that are long enough to count. I mainly want to get an idea of your writing style.
* Anything else that you think would set you apart from other applicants.
Note: Please specify the position for which you are applying (Theory Blogger or Humor Blogger) in your application.
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask and I will try to answer them.