I've been meaning to highlight this craft for awhile. For last year's JordanCon, I was very excited to finish my sul'dam dress. It turned out beautiful, and I adore the silver lightning bolts. But a sul'dam without a damane isn't complete. So, with long-time Dragonmount member Hallia as a willing participant, I got to work on crafting a damane dress.
I started with four yards of a gray poplin folded in half. This gave me 72 inches in height and 60 inches in length. That's a great amount of material and the price for poplin is so reasonable!
With simplicity in mind, I wanted to do as little cutting and sewing as possible. I cut the arms and sides with a single cut, then cut the neckline.
I added satin binding to the bottom hem and the sleeves.
The neckline gave me some trouble. I started an elastic binding, but it bunched too weird, so I switched it for a ruffle.
And here we are at JordanCon!
Hallia was such a good damane! And this was such a simple project.