DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

All your butts are belong to me!

reyler

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Card is interesting sometimes. I have had some problems with some of his books, but Ender's Shadow is awesome! Basically it is Ender's Shadow all over again but from Bean's perspective. It goes into alot more detail of the original book and starts to tell the story of Bean. I read the books after Ender's game and didn't like them because it went away from the kids and the battle room. In Shadow you're right back in it.

By the way, the reference about it being a good book was for other posters who may not have read it. I love you anyway Rey Rey!! ;D

I haven't read any of Card's work besides Ender's Game, but just... after seeing how up his own ass he is, I'm not really all that interested in his other works. Kind of like how uninterested I am in reading Goodkind.

And that's different from how David Lee Roth can be an absolute dickhead but you'd still pay to see him with Van Halen, because all he's there to do is put the vocal touches on Eddie's guitar work. Just like Maynard can be so full of himself but A Perfect Circle still rules because that was pretty much all Billy Howerdel.

Yeah, not only was Sammy Hagar a completely different vocalist from David Lee Roth, the band also went way deeper into all that synth keyboards crap that the 80's gorged itself on. I'm not saying I didn't like it, just that it was... well, how do I put it... not as honest.

Yeah, it's too bad we won't see them getting back together. Maynard is busy venting his horny materialistic side with that Puscifer thing and Billy is off on another new project and everyone else that came and went anyway have all found new bands to hang out with. I love Maynard's vocals, but that guy really is kind of a dick.

Just curious Rey name 5 of your favorite bands and 5 of your worst. Because I was around when the wheel was invented, I probably don't know half of what you like. My favorites are Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, Styx, Def Leppard, any country singer before the 80's. My worst is any rap or hip hop artist known to man, the idiot who sang 'Don't worry be Happy', Boy George, Michael Jackson, and the violent femmes.

Well before I tackle that, I'll pass judgement on your selections.

Zeppelin is God. Sabbath I like some of, Styx I don't like but they're often too catchy to be denied, Def Leppard is the least that hair metal had/has to offer, Bobby McFerrin (Don't Worry Be Happy) can go take a flying leap, Boy George I've never actually heard, Jackson had some really good songs but his work overall suffers from way too much self-importance, and the Violent Femmes blow goats.

I'm not sure if I can pick five favorites, but here goes.

Temple of the Dog, A Perfect Circle, Garbage, They Might Be Giants... hm, can't really think of a fifth that's high up enough to be on the list with those ones.

The least: Creed, Coldplay, and most of nu-metal (Disturbed, Trapt, Papa Roach, Three Days Grace et al) Also pretty much all of country and rap, with a few exceptions. I like the hip-hop that's since come out of the UK, though. I picked up Massive Attack - Blue Lines, and that kicks ass.

Interesting. You've probably heard of people making lists that if they met someone famous that they would do them if they could. My list is people that I would kill if I ever met them. First on the list is Bobby McFerrin. I will kill, plead guilty and do my time just knowing the world is a better place without him. Second is Mariah Carey for completely ruining one of my favorite songs out of the 70's. I think its called 'Without You'.