DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Something Noteworthy (Attn Telcia)

Guest Arie Ronshor

Guest Arie Ronshor

The pigeon returened with a note in Maegan Sedai's surprisingly messy scrawl. For a woman that was borderline perfectionist, her writing was not. It landed neatly on Telcia's desk, waiting for its mistress return.

If the thread is what you seek,

Thread it with the light.

It is woven in the pattern.

Ooc: Emailing you. :)

Telcia read the note once, twice, three times before beaming from ear to ear. The news was fabulous for both her and the Kin. Mae would bring vital news with her of the World and in turn the two could finally discuss all that had occurred including the mysterious vial.

"Iussi! Livia!" she called out in a bright voice walking quickly up the steps of her house. "We've got a visitor on her way!" And with that the Dyfelle Manner went into over drive bustling with excitement and nerves over the impending visit of Maegan Sedai. The middling merchant's home would look fit for a queen if Telcia had any say at all about it... which, of course, she did.

All the remained now was for the guest of honor to make her way to Ebou Dar and there was no telling how long that would take.

Guest Arie Ronshor

Towards the light

I will move on

And so I learn to move

The one before the next

The steps I take

Will pave the road ahead of me

Your Troubles are Over - The Gathering

As confident as Maegan may appear and unfaltering in her words, actions and demeanor even under the eldest sister hard glaze, she was for once actually nervous about the upcoming meeting with the much older sister. She had seen very little of the sister since her raising to the shawl and for a moment after her letter left her hands she became a little scattered as she rustled through the papers on her desk as if looking for something that was of value. Collapsing in her chair Maegan pulled off her spectacles and started to clean them on her soft purple hued silk skirts and literally forced herself to stop. Breathe...

Rubbing the bridge of her nose where her spectacles normally rested she replaced them back on her nose and took a moment to dwell on what had now been set in the Pattern. There were thousands of questions that raced through her head as the simple implication of why Telcia Sedai would wish to speak to her. Did she know of Perine's and Leona's death? Or was it something more then that. Maegan's furrowed her brows. There was surprisingly very little left behind to fill her in when she took on the position of the Highest. Quite possibly the fact she lacked the political bearings of the Hall and yet exhibited exceptional leadership skills and knowledge was why she was put there. Without demanding past answers did it put her at that much of a disadvantage, especially at the end of her Ajah. Scowling for but a brief moment in a solemn silence. There were times that she cursed their silence.

Sitting up from her desk she moved to the book case and pulled out a small tattered journal with a dark brown binding. Everything she ever written on her travels were recorded with painstaking detail in case there was a need for a memory, however brief. By recording her thoughts she could dismiss them and store them away with a simple key to restore them in her own mind. For a woman that lived for so long, it was imperative for her to remember all that she knew, and in forgetting there were mistakes that could be repeated. Mistakes that if repeated could be fatal. Opening the cover she flipped through them carefully as her eyes scanned for the words that she sought. Finding them, she placed the book to the side, pulling down two more. The journey will be quick, much quicker than Telcia Sedai may anticipated. but she had no time to wait.

Leaving a note for the Accepted that cared for her library, Maegan moved to her private room and drew out her cloak and a few simple gowns that would allow her passage without question in the Domani region. Hand picking a few items, including the ones that sat neatly in her desk, Maegan left her quarters, activating the weaves that guarded her door from unwelcomed visitors. Collecting her horse without word to her sisters, she left on the mare, riding out of Tar Valon and into the roads that passed. Opening her journal, and pulling out a small silver disc from one of many of her pockets, she embraced the One Power. It would take more than one Portal to get there as her memory returned, but at the first stop she could send word to Telcia Sedai that she was on her way and would be there within the Day.

Maegan Ryanne

Highest

Ooc: I think you can take us to Mae's Arrival) :)

“Jamal put that muddy cat outside this instant… JELENE NOT THE GLASS VASE NO!!!” The weave of air caught the vase before it could shatter all over the floor. The children were running wild through the house. Livia had gone out to fetch a few things from the store and Iussi was away with the boys for a couple hours. Telcia knew it was unlikely she’d finish the month’s sales figures while they were out but despite this knowledge, she tired anyway. The result was the children getting into things when she wasn’t looking.

Outside the rain poured and thunder clapped and so it was a small miracle she’d heard the knock at the door at all. Scooping up Jelene under one arm and a mud covered Jamal in the other… still holidng the vase in a band of air she opened the door with another thread of air only to receive the shock of her life.

Weeks before she should have been there… there she stood. “Mae-Mae Sede!” Jelene squealed with utter elation, clearly remembering the woman from the illusions Telcia had wove during story hour.

“Hello Highest.” Telcia blinked only once before moving quickly out of the way to let her Sister enter.

Guest Arie Ronshor

The trip had been surprisingly easy, all things considering. It had been years since Maegan traveled so far west on horse back, and by means of travelling far more quicker, but also more taxing as she had to pull up on old memories to make an accurate gateway to where she wanted. She did not wish to "pop up" somewhere she had not intended. Arriving just outside of the gates, Maegan found herself in a small downpour. Decidedly ignoring the water that soaked through her coat, she quickly weaved a small shield to protect her satchel of books and continued on towards the Dyfelle Estate.

The yelling within was a very obvious sign that she had arrived and that someone was home. Knocking once. Twice. Maegan frowned a little. Could she not hear? Pushing open the door she walked in to utter chaos. The blonde woman frazzles and very un-Aes Sedai-like looked right at home with the two children that were wreaking havoc all over the room. Maegan could nto help but smile secretively as Telcia looked at her as if she were a nightmare and a saviour in a single shadow. Nodding her head in greeting her first attention were tot the twins that raced to say hi. Admittingly, she was captured by thier eagerness and found them saying her name very adorible and endearing.

Taking the kitten from the young Jamal, she weaved a simple cleaning spell that made the kitten fluffy and purring from the warm. Passing the kids back she smiled at them both at eye level. "How about you to go kiss your mommy and go play nicely. Mae Mae needs to talk to her." She smiled warmly at them giving them a little wink.

Maegan Ryanne

Highest

The children were fascinated by Maegan but uncertain as well. After all, were they suppose to listen to her? Telcia kneeled down to their level and kissed each one’s brow gently she ushered them off to their toy room so that her and Maegan could have some privacy in the den.

The role of Aes Sedai fell over her like an old and comfortable glove, well-worn with time and perfected with ease. Calm and seemingly emotionless she gestured to a seat so that Maegan could be comfortable and immediately she began setting about making some tea. Light alone knew when Livia would be back and now, unlike a moment earlier, Telcia felt better because of that.

“I hope you will forgive me and my home’s appearance Highest, I had not expected you so very soon. In truth I’m quite at a loss. It’s so rare for one of your station to be so far away from Tar Valon but to have been in this area already and intercepting my pigeons….” She smiles and shakes her head slowly. “Truly surprising indeed! I pleasant shock, but a shock none the less.”

Pausing only a moment she went on. “I’m glad you were able to pull away from your duties long enough to come speak with me. I’m afraid there are many grim things that require our attention and can not wait any longer.”

Guest Arie Ronshor

Her face unmoved as she simply waved off Telcia's comment of her speed of arrival. There would be time for that later. Clearly the woman had not known of the weave. Infact, Maegan had very little doubt that there was a lot the woman did not know of as vice versa. Two woman of various sides of the same battle and here they were to talk. But could Maegan trust her? She swore to be her sister at her raising and stood in her defence, but time wore away too easily at old bonds and in truth there was very little Maegan truely knew about Telcia outside of the mechanical reports she had only just started to read through. There was so much history and bits of knowledge that hung around the Red Ajah that Maegan must have been blind to miss it all. No pun intended.

"Grim indeed." Maegan said as she walked more into the room, putting her satchel by a chair along with her cloak that she neatly hung over it. She had no need to leave it anywhere and merely kept it with her. Sitting in a chair beside her bag she picked up her tea. The scene, if in some form, seems oddly like deja'vu. However the topic would be vastly different. Or so Maegan hoped. "But we hardly have the time for the niceties of Tower Politics, so let me be honest with you, Telcia Sedai. My time is best not wasted with floral speech." Her tea untouched in her hands that lay lightly in her lap. She looked over her glasses. "Of course I trust that none of this will leave this room." She paused.

"And Maegan will do."

• 1 month later...

"Very well, Maegan." She nodded. "Nothing leaves this room & flowery words will be left out. We are agreed." With that the weave went up, a weave Livia would even feel and know that it was time to watch the children for her. It was a powerful circle of silence, a creation to ensure utmost privacy for her and the woman sitting across from her.

As soon as the ward was up, Telcia went to her waist purse on the table and pulled out of it the tiny, strangely shaped, glass vial with the flame of Tar Valon impressed upon it's bottom.

"Do you recognize this perchance? Have you happened upon a situation when the usual contents of this manner of vial might have been used by someone in our Ajah?" Telcia tried very hard to read her reaction but Maegan wasn't all readable frowns or smiles. She'd been chosen as Highest for a reason.

"It's poison." She stated blandly. "It must be consumed by the victim, it's sweet tasting, and it acts quickly. It forces the target to sleep and then... never wake." She sits down.

"The eldest Sisters of our Ajah may have made use of such a poison with the most difficult and unfortunate of souls to ever rot within our care. It's not a secret shared lightly as most of our Tower Sisters could not understand why we'd go to such terrible end to bring a soul peace." She chortled. "After over two centuries wearing the Crimson Banner the truth of it was only told to me recently when my own husband was taken as a hostage of the White Tower's 'study program.' But it is not from that occasion that I happened upon this particular empty bottle."

She leaned back in her chair, "This one was in the hands of a hired thug and a male channeler... the very same dangerous and likely shadow-taken fools who fed it to my children. I've check Maegan... as best as my contacts can tell me, none of those dead men have ties to the Tower or the Red Ajah unless they were personally aquainted with an individual Sister & it was unknown to all my eyes and ears even those still inside the Tower."

"Even the bottle itself is unique to our Ajah... the yellows use much plainer things and the Light knows they'd never sell such a thing or give it away lightly. Stolen... perhaps, I've considered such but we both realize how unlikely that becomes the more we stretch for reasonable answers." She paused for the Highest to give her some other reasons where it might have come to be in her would-have-been children's murderers hands.

"To seemingly jump away from the topic a moment, please bear with me... my husband, whom Perine assured me was sent to me, was picked up at the city gates by Sisters of the Tower & a handful of guards. He was told plans had changed and I would meet him at a recovery farm." She paused knowing how odd Maegan would find that falsehood.

"He knew the Sisters from the Tower so these were not imposters who kept him from coming to me & his children. It is only because he escaped in the night to come back to the Tower demanding the answers that he'd been denighed on his 'farm' that he found me at all. He had been kept prisoner, Maegan. Red Sisters... and others... lied. There was no such arrangement by Perine, by me, or even the Amyrlin Seat."

How Maegan reacted to these truths would determine if this conversation continued any further at all or if this ray of hope guttered and died before it even began.

Guest Arie Ronshor

...when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.

"You are right, there were no arrangements, nothing that was written within the Highest quarters by either Perine nor the Amrylin of the time." Light gaurd her in the passing Age. Maegan had no love for Sirayn Sedai and knew of very little, but she missed Perine's soft temperment although she would never admit to it. But the situation on a whole was enough to cause Maegan grief beyond the situations at hand and regardless of the circumstances the fact still remained. The Tower was no longer the shining White it had once been.

Impassive, Maegans mind worked at a furious pace as the simple fact remained but she could not, by the sheer training of the Tower, accept the truth that was blatently obvious. The sheer thought of admitting to such an idea were too ..dubious.. incredible... improbable. And yet, the answer was right there.

Admittingly Maegan knew very little of the innerworkings of the White Tower up until the passing of Perine and she was nominated to the place of Highest, and most of all, nothing had been left for her, nothing of knowledgeble fact that could in any way ready herself for this conversation with the Legendary Red. Contrary to belief not every Red held Telcia in poor regards, and Maegan was last to pass judgement without evidence, fact. Sitting in the chair, Maegan debated for a moment before she spoke again. Once eliminating the possible.... The words rolled quietly off her tongue, fragile and dangerous, as if the very mention could shatter worlds.

"The Black Ajah."