DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

What would you do with the one power? (Thread revival)

Barmacral

Guest Barmacral

So, Hannah posted this the first time, and I quite liked it, therefore I'm going to repost it:

What would you do if you had the one power?

Myself, I would take over the world. I've been wanting to do that bit for a while now.

Guest Fire Lord

Like I had said, I'd balefire George R.R. Martin on general principle, to give him a taste of his own medicine, then I'd proceed on to kick Satan's butt and reign over the world as Satan 2.0, thus avoiding the other candidates (there's quite number of them :D ) vying for world dominion.

That said, I suspect someone here

can channel, otherwise how do you explain the fact that some threads seem to have been burnt back a few pages or simply nonexistent? :D

Guest Barmacral

lol, that would be interesting, balefiring just the memory on the server harddrive... and just the last week or two worth... :D

(P.S. Look at the news page, its explained there)

I would FLY! wait no I wouldn't becasue you can't do that with the power..... hmmmmmmm

I would be on the run, because I would have killed all the dumb people that come through my place of business everyday.

I would do some weave that allows me to breathe underwater and go live in the ocean.

Or if it were possible with the OP I would breed randon animals with each other a la Aginor and make a fortune selling their offspring as exotic pets. Then I would buy myself a large piece of ocean and live in it free of disturbance. :D

I think I like Barm's idea. Taking over the world sounds like a grand plan. *begins plotting and wonders how much it would cost to acquire nuclear arms from a third world or second world country; realizes the previous statement wasn't incredibly "Pee-Cee" so begins to wonder how much it would cost to acquire nuclear arms from a "developing country"*

The possibilities are limitless! Hmm..., lets see... well the very first thing I would do is aid the world in achieving World Peace. This will effectively rid the world of most Nuclear Weapons, giant armies, etc. After that, conquering the planet will be a cakewalk! I'll instill myself as "president" of the earth first(since I heped bring about World Peace), then pull out my surprise armies! Muahaha! :twisted:

Well, the idea originally was more "what would you have done TODAY with the OP" (i.e., slashed the tires of the asshat next to me at the red light for cutting me off) but everyone got so darned excited about taking over the world and evilling their way to fame and fortune, I didn't have the heart to correct them! :lol:

I don't give a trout's tail about taking over the world. :P

What would I do TODAY with the One Power? First, I would Travel to Australia and swim all day on the Great Barrier Reef. Then I would Travel to Japan and Compell the nation's finest sushi chef to make me a huge meal for free. The next day, I would return to school and Compell my teachers to forget that I hadn't done my homework. *stares happily into space*

If i could channel....

I'd show up to work at the grocery store i'm employed at. I'd place a sale sign that read "Kellogs Frosted Flakes Buy 1 Get 1 Free" in the midst of an assortment of ground beef products (no where near any cereal let alone frosted flakes).

I'd then retire to my cash register. From that point forward anyone who brings me 2+ packages of a ground beef product and looks at the little display and says "the ground beef didn't ring up right, the sign said..."

As a matter of pronciple i'd never let them finish the sentence because it would likely lower my IQ by a couple of points, and i'd Balefire them in the hopes that maybe i'd burn them out far enough that maybe....just maybe...they'd never actually procreated.....

That's a good point Razor. Rush hour would be renamed "Death Hour of Unravelling Threads with teh Balefire WTF."

I would probably have to Travel to work. I'd use a skimming platform though, because I wouldn't want to get there too abruptly. My chosen platform would be... my bed I think. I'll just roll out of bed onto my desk. Literally.

It would be a bad thing if anyone late to work in rush hour had balefire. :twisted:

I've had the kind of morning where balefire is starting to look pretty appealing. It's probably a good thing that I can't Channel.

If i could channel....

I'd show up to work at the grocery store i'm employed at. I'd place a sale sign that read "Kellogs Frosted Flakes Buy 1 Get 1 Free" in the midst of an assortment of ground beef products (no where near any cereal let alone frosted flakes).

I'd then retire to my cash register. From that point forward anyone who brings me 2+ packages of a ground beef product and looks at the little display and says "the ground beef didn't ring up right' date=' the sign said..."

As a matter of pronciple i'd never let them finish the sentence because it would likely lower my IQ by a couple of points, and i'd Balefire them in the hopes that maybe i'd burn them out far enough that maybe....just maybe...they'd never actually procreated.....[/quote']

Oh dear the joys of working retail...

I work at a Cingular store...and we have these tags on the phone displays describing the accessory bundles that are available for each phone for $80. I'd balefire every customer who says "but the sign says $80." The same fate awaits anyone who utters the phrase "what do you mean I have to buy a phone?!"

I'd also open a gateway to the nearest Verizon store for every customer who threatens to cancel because I don't fall down on my knees and offer them any phone they want for free when they walk up and announce they've been with Cingular for a bazillion years.

I think flows of air would be very useful for a running back in the NFL, or or a shooting fuard in the NBA. Easy way to live like a rock star and make lots of long green cash. Might help a baseball pitcher to be able to move the ball away from the bat or push the ball at 103 mph! :twisted:

What I have done so far TODAY if I could channel:

1.) Travelled to work

2.) Liberal of use of Compulsion around the office for various nefarious things. Needless to say I would be very popular guy...

3.) See #2.

What I have done so far TODAY if I could channel:

1.) Travelled to work

Why on earth would you keep a regular job?

If I could channel, I would allow the government to pay me millions of dollars per year to study my ability, on a schedule I set, with limitations I impose. They could take a few blood and tissue samples and record demonstrations on practice fields. I would get ... hmmm ... lets say two 5 month vacations per year.

During my spare time, I would read, build myself an amazing house (with the Power of course) and Travel the world. I'd also learn all the Healing I could, and visit hospitals 2 or 3 times a week anonymously Healing anyone I could.

Why on earth would you keep a regular job?

You gotta keep some symblance of normalcy. Why does Superman need Clark Kent, Spiderman need Peter Parker, or Batman need Bruce Wane?

I would do anything in my power to help endangered species survive!

And I would make steamcars more payable in order to rid the world of the stench that cars leave behind.

And I would like to be able to fly...a bit childish,I know,but I always envy birds when I see them fly.

I'll probably think of a few more in the next few days..

Archived