DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Roll Call forFebruary 2017 - so we can know who's here!

WoT TV Series  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Are they taking too long in giving info about the TV Series?

• Yes
    • No
    • The what?
    • Don't care
    • Not sure

Gentled Ben, Aes Sedai of the White Ajah and so far, the lone "No" vote. I'm content with them taking their time and doing this right. No need to rush it and screw it up.

Yep, I agree. The question is just about giving us feedback, not making the actual series.

I assume they are still looking for the right provider (AMC, whomever) and trying to get Red Eagle completely out of it, that kind of thing, so there is little to report. I assume the silence is a sign of their patience and meticulous pursuit of perfection, so no, I'm cool with their lack of feedback.

I think this should have been done as an anime anyway. That would eliminate the costs of CGI and make the aging of the cast over time irrelevant. As a live action show, there is no way they can do this without warping the story in some hideous manner that will undoubtedly upset me, but I have something of a callus for such things now that I have seen HBO butcher A Song of Ice and Fire. This delay gives me time to prepare myself for a show based on The Wheel of Time (acceptable if done well like Game of Thrones, sans gratuitous sex, of course) rather than a faithful cinematic representation of The Wheel of Time (preferred but impossible).