DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY
Shad_

Trump Presidency

Trump is not, and never will be, an Emperor, at best he will be president for 8 years - God help us and it will be only 4.

Deny what is right in front of your eyes if you want.

The God Emperor has already ascended the Cherry Blossom Throne.

Real quick, I'm hoping this is some sick form of satire and you aren't actually promoting an imperial system.

The chrysanthemum throme is the imperial seat of japan, so I have no idea what you're talking about.

It is a reference to the Cherry Blossoms in Washington DC where the Emperor sits in power.

I'm well aware of what Alex Jones believes.

The scary part is he tends to be close to the truth about 35-40% of the time.

That may not seem like a high success rate but when you're dealing with the heavy stuff he does you don't really want any of it to be true.

1.) Obama's a muslim - No

2.) Newtown massarce was orchestrated by Obama - No

3.) 9/11 was done by the CIA - No

4.) Obama spied on trump - No

So that's 0/4, not sure where your 30-40% comes from.

Haha yeah.

Trump is not, and never will be, an Emperor, at best he will be president for 8 years - God help us and it will be only 4.

Real quick, I'm hoping this is some sick form of satire and you aren't actually promoting an imperial system.

The chrysanthemum throme is the imperial seat of japan, so I have no idea what you're talking about.

It is a reference to the Cherry Blossoms in Washington DC where the Emperor sits in power.

Find a new name for your 4-year chair.

Soooo...context is key there buddy, first:

1.) The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency has awarded a $100-million grant to the Michigan Department of Environmental Quality to fund drinking water infrastructure upgrades in Flint, funding that had been approved by Congress and former President Barack Obama late last year.

2.) The entire problem was caused when, after admitingly poor management, the republican governor took control of the flint water system, and, instead of upgrading it, forced them to use water from the river which exasperated and already bad problem.

That may not seem like a high success rate but when you're dealing with the heavy stuff he does you don't really want any of it to be true.

Haha yeah.

Oh, please prove any one of those 4 without using conspiracy websites.

"Find a new name for your 4-year chair."

Why? You seem okay with Nolder referring to Trump as the God Emperor. :wink: 

If you allow that Trump is a deity why quibble about calling the seat of government the "Cherry Blossom Throne". :rolleyes: 

Find a new name for your 4-year chair.

I prefer God Emperor. I like to imagine it strikes terror into the hearts of the enemies of America.

Soooo...context is key there buddy, first:

1.) The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency has awarded a $100-million grant to the Michigan Department of Environmental Quality to fund drinking water infrastructure upgrades in Flint, funding that had been approved by Congress and former President Barack Obama late last year.

2.) The entire problem was caused when, after admitingly poor management, the republican governor took control of the flint water system, and, instead of upgrading it, forced them to use water from the river which exasperated and already bad problem.

Ok.

I'm not debating any of that.

I just thought it was good the EPA is giving Flint some money to fix their water problem finally.

Haha yeah.

Oh, please prove any one of those 4 without using conspiracy websites.

Actually that was my attempt at politely saying I am not going to debate the validity of any conspiracy theories today.

Oh you mean the Cherry Blossom Throne not the person who reigns from it. Gotcha.

Nah I like that one too. Washington DC has a bad rep. Trump is all about branding and rebranding things.

It's the Cherry Blossom Throne now.

"Emperor God"? Well...close enough Ann. 

I mean, I think Ty thinks I am just making this stuff up.

No we do really call him our God Emperor.

I'm still on the fence as to your opinions on the longevity of our democratic republic; despite their unending apitite for change and desire for a better future, I servery doubt that the american people would hold a positive view of a dictatorship.

While it is well known that our two "sides" hold very different opinions of Donald Trump if we just take your "sides" opinion at face value, that is to say some sort of lucky billionaire buffoon controlled by...Bannon? Putin? Pence? lied and hacked and bullied his way into the Presidency. If that's true then the American people must not have an appetite for change, they are starved for it. 

In truth I don't think the Emperor will reign very long but he will be remembered fondly before the century's end.

This country isn't really this country anymore anyway.

Do you really feel like we are the children of those men from 1776?

We stopped being their children when we gave African Americans and Women the right to vote. They founded the country, but they weren't infallible.

It's an interesting argument though. If you replace each board of a boat one by one, at the end is it still the same boat? Or is it a new boat?

Edited by Lenlo

I believe that Cuba and I touched on this shortly after the election; the diverging of the "american experience"

However, I will say that yes, in my travels and my interactions with people of different class, political leaning, ethnicities, and backgrounds, this is still a country. I will editorialize that Trumpism, and a resurgant white nationalism is threatening it, but I do not believe that this will be it's downfall. 

As for if this country is the "child" of 1776, yes, I do believe that it is.

The world is changing - drastically and quickly - the combined progress of near-instanenious world wide communication, along with ease of globe jumping travel - have combined to create a global change to the barely (historically) stable post-industrialization (ie post WWII) economies that will, probably, be as shocking and as a breaking a change to this society as industrialization was to the society of the 1800s.

On our side is that we - as humanity - have recently experinced a massive breaking change and so we can draw lessons in how to deal with it that our ancestors did not have, and that the society which is breaking at most 200 years old.

Against us are the same base instincts that lead to the same rigged thinking nationalism and a retreat to tribalism that proved so deadly to us during the last half of the 19th century and the first half of the 20th, except that since communication is instanious the new nationalism and tribalism that is emerging is much broader and more dangerous than it was before.

We stopped being their children when we gave African Americans and Women the right to vote. They founded the country, but they weren't infallible.

It's an interesting argument though. If you replace each board of a boat one by one, at the end is it still the same boat? Or is it a new boat?

Is the Ship of Theseus the same Ship of Theseus?

Is the Cutty Sark still the Cutty Sark?

Which one is Trump leading us towards?

I'm unfamiliar with the Cutty Sark. Explain what you mean by that?

It was burnt down and rebuilt; same idea as ship of theseus, but in a more compact timeframe.

Edited by Tyzack

Children aren't obliged to be exactly like their parents.  The American experiment has always been about furthering the causes of self-government and liberty.

So Trump is now claiming that GCHQ helped Obama wiretap him? This gets more ridiculous by the day and even Fox News, one of his few media allies, is starting to back away from this and his supposed "legal expert".

So Trump is now claiming that GCHQ helped Obama wiretap him? This gets more ridiculous by the day and even Fox News, one of his few media allies, is starting to back away from this and his supposed "legal expert".

Welcome to last week

Welcome to last week
Didn't pop up for me till now :(

And it's only like, 3-4 days old right? Not that far behind.