DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Something i've noticed. [Spoilers]

canew

So i'm currently reading the second book for the first time, and there is something i need to ask! It's about the Portal Stone that Rand uses and teleports everyone in Tomans Head, 4 months in the future. The thing is, he used the stone in front of everyone, Ingtar, Hurin etc..Aren't these people supposed to NOT know that Rand can channel? Don't they wonder how he can do it?

Also, a few pages later, Rand and Mat are conversing about the damane. Mat tells Rand that since he can channel, he is an Aes Sedai..Can't they all hear that? (page 575 of the Orbit editions)

So i'm currently reading the second book for the first time, and there is something i need to ask! It's about the Portal Stone that Rand uses and teleports everyone in Tomans Head, 4 months in the future. The thing is, he used the stone in front of everyone, Ingtar, Hurin etc..Aren't these people supposed to NOT know that Rand can channel? Don't they wonder how he can do it?

Read it again! :wink:

Also, a few pages later, Rand and Mat are conversing about the damane. Mat tells Rand that since he can channel, he is an Aes Sedai..Can't they all hear that?

Context! And you will understand it later!

(page 575 of the Orbit editions)

Orbit practically renews the series every five years with diff. covers, typeset, size etc

It has been a long time since I read this so I could be wrong, but I do believe Verin pretends to be the one to use the stones.

She calls Rand up like she is talking to him and asking some advise or something, but she plays it off like she is the one using the portal stones.

As far as Mat, at this point he is basically messed up bad due to the dagger and is saying things he should NOT be saying, but I don't think anyone actually overheard him say it.

Archived