DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Ask the Dark One (A game from an Age long past, an Age yet to come)

randomh3r0

So I was going through a bunch of old posts from back when I was on here before, and there was one game specifically that always brought laughs, a good amount of posts, and something unique from each player: Ask the Dark One

What is this game, you might ask? It's very simple: The person above you answers the question from the post above them as "The Dark One" (typically just using all caps, like in the books). Then, they ask a question of the DO, and the next poster repeats this process. The more humorous the DO's responses, the better. DO responses don't need to be limited to the world of WoT, as sometimes pop-culture can help. Standard guidelines for posting anything offensive still applies. 

I'll kick us off with an example:

Dark One, now that there's no more books being written about the Dragon Reborn, what are you going to do next?

(below I'll answer just how each player should, with the DO's answer and the next question. Now it's your turn!)

Well I got an offer from Disney a year or two ago to play some guy named Snook in their new movie, I thought you would already--wait, you didn't realize it? Never mind, forget I said anything!

Dark One, is there something you're trying to keep a secret?

I'M DRESSING UP AS A WHITECLOAK.  I THOUGHT IT WOULD AMUSE THE CHILDREN, ESPECIALLY WHEN I PRETEND TO GIVE THEM CANDY AND THEN TORTURE THEM FOR ASSOCIATING WITH DARKFRIENDS.

Dark One, what is your favorite television show?

OF COURSE I HAVE, YOU INSOLENT LIGHTIE! I EVEN HAD A GIRLFRIEND ONCE. MALEFICENT AND I DIDN'T WORK OUT THOUGH, BECAUSE SHE WANTED TO BE AN ANTIHERO AND I JUST WANTED HER TO BE EVIL. I GAVE UP ON GIRLS AFTER THAT. 

Happy Halloween, Dark One! Now the stores are transitioning into Christmas so what do you want Santa to bring you this year?

ALL BUT THE LAST ONE ARE MY FAVOURITES. THE LAST ONE MAKES IT LOOK LIKE THE AL´THOR BOY DEFEATED ME, WHEN IN REALITY I JUST WENT ON A VACATION. THE SHADOW RISING IS A GOOD NAME, DON´T YOU THINK? 

Dear Dark One, why do you have to mess with the weather all the time?

STAR WARS. OR, TO BE MORE PRECISE, THE PREQUEL TRILOGY. NOT ONLY DO THEY CONTAIN A GREAT EXAMPLE OF HOW TO TURN SOMEONE EVIL, MENTIONING I PREFER THEM OVER THE LACKLUSTER ORIGINAL TRILOGY CAN CREATE FLAME WARS THAT LAST FOR WEEKS.

Dark One, what do you think about Christopher Lee?

CHRISTOPHER LEE WAS THE ONLY ACTOR TRULY SUITED TO BE MY VOICE IN AN ADAPTION OF THE WOT, AND WILL BE GREATLY MISSED, AS THE ONLY ACTOR TO PLAY A VAMPIRE, SITH LORD AND EVIL WIZARD, AS WELL AS SINGLE LEAD VOCALS ON A METAL ALBUM. THAT HAS 'DARK ONE' WRITTEN ALL OVER IT. 

Dark One, they say the devil's greatest trick was convincing the world he doesn't exist. What is your greatest trick?

Archived