DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

EotW

DojoToad

I presume whitecloaks.  Also greater chance of DF's in Baerlon.  Since they knew most of the Aes Sedai sent to look for Rand were dead, it would make sense to keep low profiles.  They couldn't be sure if the BA knew about them or not,

I believe it was because they expected to find the person(s) they were looking for and didn't want to start out the relationship(s) with false names.

With everything they would be dropping on Rand and friends, something close to lies wouldn't help their cause.

If you look at when they neared Baerlon, they became more cautious and alert.  Moriane even mentioned something about she thought Lan and her had more time.  I think they both felt they were way ahead of the shadow and being in such a remote place they could drop their guard some and be more open. 

They gave their real names, but did not really say who/what they were in the TR. They probably figured two things:

1) Extremely remote chance of someone in the TR having ever heard of them.

2) Knowing that their endgame was in that villiage and the fact that Aes Sedai are already extremely distrusted it was probably better for them to be honest with their names.

A couple of things that I don't get.

1) We know that they were looking for someone who had picked up an infant 20+ years ago. I would imagine they could have narrowed that search down before they even started looking at boys just by looking for anyone that may have served in the Aiel War. Perhaps they already had that plan, just didn't get time before the trolloc attack.

2) With Tam pretty worldly having run away and served all the way up to Dragonmount. Odds are he'd be able to recognize an Aes Sedai or Warder on sight. Perhaps he did and the readers just aren't made aware.

Whoops. Thanks for the correction.

Dantès' field?

I believe it was because they expected to find the person(s) they were looking for and didn't want to start out the relationship(s) with false names.

With everything they would be dropping on Rand and friends, something close to lies wouldn't help their cause.

2) Knowing that their endgame was in that villiage and the fact that Aes Sedai are already extremely distrusted it was probably better for them to be honest with their names.

Yepp.

Did Tam ever meet Moriane or Lan before the Trolloc attack?  Not sure he ever saw them. 

Until she started asking questions she probably couldn't be positive others hadn't left the Two Rivers also.  Another issue was she couldn't be sure If Tam found Rand or he was really Rand's biological father.  Just because he came back with a child didn't automatically mean he found Rand.  Lan looking at Rand I'm sure would of thought he looked a bit like an Aiel.  Plus RJ tossed enough false leads (Mat's old tongue, Perin's eyes) to ensure she couldn't immedietly say, yep it's Rand.

Archived