DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY
Torrie

Meet the Reds - Introductions

This is the place where you can get to know the Red Sisters and Brothers. 

We will each give a quick intro (Although a small paragraph could never properly explain us). 

We hope this gives you a little more insight to the Reds and who we are!

Hi! I'm Torrie! I was just promoted to Ajah Head (Sept 2016) and am a little nervous about taking over for our long time Head, Myst. 

I am *bla bla* years old with two children. Both girls (12 and 9). I am currently looking for work in sales or marketing. I have two degrees (web design and marketing). I have been married for over 16 years.

I started reading WOT in I believe 1991. My mother purchased the books for me and I continued purchasing them every time they came out. I would also reread the series each time a book was written, so I have red them I don't know how many time. lol 

I decided to become a Red after feeling a great acceptance for being outgoing, strong, and passionate in many different aspects of my life. I loved that the Reds would accept me but also pulled no punches when they had different opinions than myself. The Reds became my second home, where we could act goofy, snugglebite and spork, and support each other on the difficult road of life. 

Hello! Moon Sedai here!

I've been around for a few years, not as long as most of these other wonderful Reds, but long enough. 

I'm eternally 28 years old, live in Phoenix, Arizona, and have two mini-schnauzers. 

I've read a ton of books in my life, and have a MA in History, with a focus in Women's history. 

I joined the Red Ajah because the Reds help encourage the passionate side of myself. 

HI, I'm Yele. I've spent more time in the basement than is probably proper, and I don't get out much. :P

I've got two degrees (Humanities and History), I play with data at work, and I do SCA things in my spare time. I have a husband and a dachshund mix, and I live close enough to NASA to share a fence with them.

I got into WOT in the late '90s, and found the online groups (and then the RL communities at cons) in the early '00s. I've been staff at D*Con and for Jordan Con, and at one time was doing admin-y work for TV.net. 

I also have sporks at my desk that Moon Sedai gave me when we met up in 2013! But then she left me for Arizona, and I only sort-of forgive her ;) (updated in 2018 - I still have at least one these sporks!)

Being Red reminds me of the best parts of me, the parts I want to encourage to flourish and grow. I know that I can show up after a few years, and once I get know know the new folks, I can go back to sporking on the sidelines and getting eaten alive by RL. 

Edited by Yelenia

Why hellos there my pretties!

I'm Ama Sedai and I'm a rarity in these parts these days as RL grabs me up and shakes the crap out of me on a regular basis lol I'm Red through & through though, despite my lack of visits.

I was raised to Aes Sedai waaaay back in 2010 and my Reds were a sanctuary for me.

I've been married to my soul mate Peter for almost 18 years. My Rugrats are now almost 17 & 13 and I work full time as a Site Manager of a Truck Port Service Station (gas station) and Area Support for 23 other stores.

My bonded sisters and brothers are kicking around, some more frequently than others lol. They are Adella, Ed2funy, the Mother and Millon.

Hello all,

I'm Jagen, and have been part of the Dragonmount community on and off since 2000~2001. While I dallied a bit in the White Ajah, Red was the first I joined and what I came back to and have been at ever since. I'm often more part of the RP community than the social community here, especially after discovering (or rather, finally joining) Facebook in 2008/2009 *-*

I was recently promoted to be the Red Ajah Head on the RP side of DM. (IC & OOC)

I spent 7 1/2 years in Japan and in the US Navy, got out in 2016 and now happily work as a barista (COFFEE FOREVER!). I have a deep appreciation for science, especially astronomy and have a lot of books on astrophysics, space-time, black holes, string theory and other subatomic topics... (I LOVE Neil deGrasse Tyson and Lawrence Krauss) On the fiction side I have many fantasy books that mostly fall into D&D's Forgotten Realms. I own two nice telescopes and am a HUGE Potterhead.

My main hobby is doing 3D art, and I love doing characters (my own, mostly, but others' too!) and dolphins. I am also a huge [James Cameron's] Avatar nerd as well, so a lot of my art is also Avatar related.

My gallery is linked in my siggy for those interested :D

Lastly, music wise: I'm a huge fan of Marilyn Manson, Mana (Moi dix Mois/ex-Malice Mizer) and Prince. :D

Edited by Jagen Sedai

I'm Talya...

Been a Red a long time...joined here just before Elgee and we went through our Aspie stuff together..those were the days.

Been MIA for a while, but popping in now to say hello. 

I'm a single Mum of an undisclosed age, although my mental age is about 18. Talking of 18 I have a daughter that age, who is my life, and love her to bits. 

Yeah, that's it, for the moment love very to meet you.

Good grief, I thought I'd done this thing years ago. Was this a new thread? Anyway...

I'm Tay. I'm 45. I joined DM mid 2006. I actually began my White Tower career as a Warder wannabe, then swapped to being an Accepted. I eventually became a White Sister, then swapped to the Red. 

I tend to lurk in the Social Groups and spend the bulk of my time in the RP, which is the complete opposite of my first few years on the site. 

I've just become an Auntie this month to a wonderful nephew and I have a (step) grandson who is about to turn 6. I love to read; history is fascinating; I binge watch entire series because I have no inclination to wait for every episode (Lucifer anyone? :wub:); and I enjoy genealogy. I also play Runescape occasionally but I'm not a gamer. Hmm, my job (and my passion) is creating with fabric and fibre. Music wise I like all sorts from Springsteen to Dylan and Queen to Clannad with a bit of classical and country thrown into the mix. Just don't make me listen to wailing divas like Mariah Carey or Celine Dion. I'm likely to throw up.:tongue:

I've had the pleasure of meeting two of the other Reds; my Souvra, Myst, and our Dancing Queen, Talya. That was at DM Euromeet in ...2009? I think... when Talya and I did some Olympic style rowing and Myst attempted to explain the joys of fish mining ( I know, we didn't think it made sense either but that's the Belgies for you.)

I have a tendency to use sarcasm, I'm fond of the ridiculous, I have a fine sense of irony, and I believe in calling a spade a spade. Oh and I really, really can't abide stupid people.  

Hey there I'm Hrafnhildr, real name is Hayley. I am happily married to Thane Vakarian (you may see him lurking around lol) and a mother of 3.

I love to draw, paint, play with photoshop ... and to spend times on the Sims 4. Even if I'm not a Brown, reading is one of my other passions. You may find it strange but I am one of the very few people who didn't WoT (the first 8 books were nice but then the ending spoiled it all for me XD). I am more of a ASOIAF/GOT and Harry Potter fan.

I joined DM in 2005 - 2006, then made a big break between 2008 and 2013. Now I'm member of the Red Ajah but also an Archer in the Band of the Red Hand and the Mistress of the Novices in the RP section.

So if you need anything don't hesitate to send me a PM!