DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Trollocs Do Talk

Most know that the only Trollop who speaks or has a name for that matter is Narg from EotW. I kind of assumed that Jordan changed directions and decided that they weren't that civilized because they never spoke again. However, I'm doing my first complete reread and in Chapter 31 of book 4 Tam is speaking to Perrin after he firsts returns to Two Rivers. In it Tam tells Perrin that a warder had told him that Trollocs call the Aiel Waste the 'Dying Grounds' and that he intended on making sure that the Trollops refer to Two Rivers that way in the future. 

It'll be interesting if Trollocs will talk in the next TV series. Hopefully they don't. I can't see anything they saying adding to the horror of the monsters that they became.

They have their own language but I would guess that most don't speak the language that the humans do because they hardly interact with humans. Except to kill or eat and occasionally take them prisoner to Shayol Ghul. The less human ones probably can't speak at all, just make noises like animals.

Also might be difficult for many as they are man-beasts.  So like many animals they may simply lack the capability for human speech.  Which could explain why Trolloc isn't a very complex language.

This also might explain it form the WOT companion:  Trollocs were intelligent enough to know were they came from and they loathed pure humans.  So many probably simply lacked the intelligence.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived