DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen Mafia--Game Thread--Day 3

Aiel Heart

• Replies 838
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mostly jokes so far and the game hasn't seriously started. So, let's do this

Not a ton. Got slayed at work today, thinking about going out for a beer and maybe some poutine :biggrin:

Seems like mostly everyone is still joking around. I agree Sooh seems loose which is good to see. Hallia seems ~happy to be playing.
Ley is making redundant statements and apparently taking jokes very serious. We all know how that turned out in another game :rolleyes:

Only thing I thought was ~weird was Tina making a joke vote a few pages after her OP, which is such a silly thing but nothing else has stood out to me beyond that and Ley.

Mostly jokes so far and the game hasn't seriously started.

Mostly jokes so far and the game hasn't seriously started. So, let's do this

Not a ton. Got slayed at work today, thinking about going out for a beer and maybe some poutine :biggrin:

Seems like mostly everyone is still joking around. I agree Sooh seems loose which is good to see. Hallia seems ~happy to be playing.

Ley is making redundant statements and apparently taking jokes very serious. We all know how that turned out in another game :rolleyes:

Only thing I thought was ~weird was Tina making a joke vote a few pages after her OP, which is such a silly thing but nothing else has stood out to me beyond that and Ley.

Both are on expected lines. Ley taking jokes seriously and Tina making subtle jokes at the beginning of the game.

Why does the latter stand out to you? From what I remember, Tina does it a both town and scum. What was weird about that?

I know Nini typically votes Dice in most games that I've played with them both, so not much thought into that. I guess the timing of it stood out since she did it later on as opposed to her OP. It would've felt more natural that way imo. Again, hardly substantial just something that I noticed skimming the early pages of the game.

I'll be able to judge better whenever she opens up more. She's typically not a hard player to read for me.

It strikes me as off because there is just as good a chance that there is 3p as not.

It seemed clear to me that Sooh was joking.

It's just one of those things we can't know at this point, especially given the type of game it is.

AJ - do you have any gut feelings about Dice or Zander so far? You know them well.

At a glance they seemed okay. I don't put a ton of value in early game reads so once things get going and we have actual game content going I'll have a better idea.

I know Nini typically votes Dice in most games that I've played with them both, so not much thought into that. I guess the timing of it stood out since she did it later on as opposed to her OP. It would've felt more natural that way imo. Again, hardly substantial just something that I noticed skimming the early pages of the game.

I'll be able to judge better whenever she opens up more. She's typically not a hard player to read for me.

agreed. i wouldve had a problem with it if she had voted anyone OTHER then me

Everyone is here and no one is talking :tongue:

@Ley - your reply seemed pretty serious imo. Maybe I just didn't catch your sarcasm/tone.

Do you have any thoughts beyond that?

There wasn't really much tone to get from it, considering it was written. I meant it non-serious but in a way it could also be read serious, leaving it up to the other players to decide wheter to ignore it as being a joke or comment on it as being serious, and then to go from there.

Okay.

Sooh, what did you think about Ley´s answer? You never commented on it even though you wanted him to explain.

There's not much to say about it. I could go all gung ho and tell him I don't believe him and ask him to explain again and again, but I feel like that would be counter productive. I don't know. I'm not used to being the one stirring up conversation and I guess I'm not great at it lol.

Okay.

Sooh, what did you think about Ley´s answer? You never commented on it even though you wanted him to explain.

Do you find it suspicious that I'm not commenting on it?

@Ley - your reply seemed pretty serious imo. Maybe I just didn't catch your sarcasm/tone.

There wasn't really much tone to get from it, considering it was written. I meant it non-serious but in a way it could also be read serious, leaving it up to the other players to decide wheter to ignore it as being a joke or comment on it as being serious, and then to go from there.

We'd disagree about tone but that's not here nor there.

So what did you gather from it then?

Okay so this is what I used to post:

I just reread the thread and was going to say that I thought ley meant for his posts to be meant as a joke but then he expanded on his answer and said he meant them for joke and serious to start conversation going.  :dry:

This is what I am posting now:

I just came back and was going to say that I thought ley meant for his posts to be meant as a joke. 

but then I reread the thread.  

he had expanded on his answer and said he meant them for joke and serious to start conversation going.  :dry: 

(any better?? and no sili didn't have anything to do with this...  :dry: I did it all myself. I think I figured out the issues you had with my posting in past games was my run on sentences and thoughts :smile: )

some content in spoiler!

Taking in the third parties early, by the way.

Any reasons for it?

if joke nothing to it. If serious: he said reason(s) but I can only get one final one: asking sooh if she's 3P! Because all the others lead back to that one: does she have insider info? How? etc. 

*stares at Leyrann*

Interesting.

This is a hard one to get by.  Obviously sooh is staring at ley because he seems to have taken her joke read list seriously...its the interesting that I don't get?  LEY??

Ok first off, the game has started so [unvote].

*stares at Leyrann*

Interesting.

What is interesting about it?

You didnt think Sooh's reads list was a serious thing did you?

I considered my answers equally serious to her reads.

Here I believe he is saying that that: if you consider her reads list to be a joke then consider my answers to be a joke.  or so I thought when I read it.

Okay that's actually not quite true. I did figure that maybe the comment about third parties might get some stuff going as a bonus.

Here he is reframing his response.  He is saying it was NOT all a joke.  That there was some seriousness in there to get the ball rolling, so to speak.

Here he is refining what he said.  a person could consider it a joke or not, it is up to them.

And I guess I'm just flexing my mafia muscles a bit. It's over a year ago I played.

And here he is saying that he is just practicing for the real stuff to come (my words not his :dry: ) but seriously I think he is doing a teenie tiny bit of AtE.  very minuscule. I mean the size of an amoeba. :smile: 

Okay.

There's not much to say about it. I could go all gung ho and tell him I don't believe him and ask him to explain again and again, but I feel like that would be counter productive. I don't know. I'm not used to being the one stirring up conversation and I guess I'm not great at it lol.

Dannnng. If Sooh isn't town I don't even.

I dont feel that Ley is particularly scummy atm.

Ugh, we need the quiet people on here more.

Archived