DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen Mafia--Game Thread--Day 3

Aiel Heart

• Replies 838
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aaand I was ninjad.

Can you talk more about her joking style? I assume you're not bothered by her joke vote coming late. Why do you think AJ is?

Her joking style is not being out in the face jokes and more of subtle things. Like voting someone, or short comments. That is pretty much what she did.

I don't see how her vote came late. It was literally her second post in the game. AJ's point about her dice vote not coming as OP is a very minor point to harp on, is what I feel.

I don't feel that it was a matter of it being her second post in the game, but where we were in the game

I know Nini typically votes Dice in most games that I've played with them both, so not much thought into that. I guess the timing of it stood out since she did it later on as opposed to her OP. It would've felt more natural that way imo. Again, hardly substantial just something that I noticed skimming the early pages of the game.

I'll be able to judge better whenever she opens up more. She's typically not a hard player to read for me.

Yeah, she does that in every game and that is why I felt odd that you were pointing it. I don't see the timing being a concern - looks like nitpicking.

Also I don't see anything subtle about it. I was just noting it came after she had posted a few times.

I was talking about her joking style. Not her gameplay. What are you trying to imply here?

I know she does it every game, that has nothing to do with my point. I have also acknowledged that it's a very minor thing but in pages of jokes it stood out to me. So is it nitpicking? Sure, but considering the other content available to look out there wasn't much else. D1 observations are typically thin in reasoning.

What could I be implying? You described her as subtle, which I took as you meaning the joke vote. Generally I would disagree though, Nini has also been a straight forward type imo.

Kind of. He mentioned it initially and in his replies to me.

I would hardly say I'm harping about it. I made a post giving some reads to get into actual gameplay and that was one of my observations. I clarified when you asked me about it.

I think maybe you guys are misunderstanding what the whole point was.

I don't care what post of Nini's the vote came in. I don't care "where" we were in the game.

What I was saying is that the way it came across was a little forced because it was several pages and posts in compared to if she did it in her OP.

Is that nitpicking? Probably but I also don't think it's a terrible observation for 7-8 pages of content that was mostly fluff.

I know what my night actions gonna be now >=D

Claim JOAT and a red peek on Town!Dice???

lolololololol

grabs bat

I think it's time for a vote.

[v] Dice [/v]

:D

[v] Dice [/v]

If he were to get lynched before he even got here he'd have a stroke lol... If I thought I could get him to L1 without mafia trying to hammer him if he's innocent I would... he'd have a cow 

shhhhhh

Now is not the time....Dice is awake.....

hits zander

I'm scum!

Oh wait, no. That's not good to admit, is it?

vote sooh

[v] Dice [/v]

Hi Niniel!!!!!  waves

[v] Dice [/v]

If he were to get lynched before he even got here he'd have a stroke lol... If I thought I could get him to L1 without mafia trying to hammer him if he's innocent I would... he'd have a cow 

glares. and chae calls ME a mean Banded....

Dice its ok....

Id never let them do that to you brother...

<3 <3 <3

/runs

throws knives at Zander

sadface.gif

Ok first off, the game has started so [unvote].

*stares at Leyrann*

Interesting.

What is interesting about it?

You didnt think Sooh's reads list was a serious thing did you?

I considered my answers equally serious to her reads.

Okay that's actually not quite true. I did figure that maybe the comment about third parties might get some stuff going as a bonus.

I dont know.  Kinda a meh response imo.

I dont really recall if I have any or much Meta with you but maybe this is normal for you?

Anyone wanna weigh in on this for me?

Tina = Niniel now :)

The only thing I know so far is that I don´t want to vote Sooh. I like her so far. She is active and trying to get things going. 

Agreed.

I know Nini typically votes Dice in most games that I've played with them both, so not much thought into that. I guess the timing of it stood out since she did it later on as opposed to her OP. It would've felt more natural that way imo. Again, hardly substantial just something that I noticed skimming the early pages of the game.

I'll be able to judge better whenever she opens up more. She's typically not a hard player to read for me.

Also I don't see anything subtle about it. I was just noting it came after she had posted a few times.

I think its really more of a w/e thing atp.

Unless you think she was serious about trying to test a Dice lynch, theres really not a lot of point to this is there?

Everyone is here and no one is talking :tongue:

@Ley - your reply seemed pretty serious imo. Maybe I just didn't catch your sarcasm/tone.

Do you have any thoughts beyond that?

There wasn't really much tone to get from it, considering it was written. I meant it non-serious but in a way it could also be read serious, leaving it up to the other players to decide wheter to ignore it as being a joke or comment on it as being serious, and then to go from there.

So it was kinda a reactionary thing?

If so

What were you hoping to glean from it?

What did people's responses give you?

The 'flexing my muscles' bit sounded pretty genuine.

Still would like more, obviously.

Anything stood out to you yet, Hally?

I'm sort of bothered by Pral's wording earlier.

His word choice was odd. I could get behind some pressure votes there.

[v] Pral [/v]

What did I miss???

ty

yeah i agree that its not subtle what tina did but i guess im not quite getting why hes being voted over his word choice. 

Whats ure thinking here?

Ya same here.

I dont see what the issue really is at all.

Aaand I was ninjad.

Can you talk more about her joking style? I assume you're not bothered by her joke vote coming late. Why do you think AJ is?

Her joking style is not being out in the face jokes and more of subtle things. Like voting someone, or short comments. That is pretty much what she did.

I don't see how her vote came late. It was literally her second post in the game. AJ's point about her dice vote not coming as OP is a very minor point to harp on, is what I feel.

I don't feel that it was a matter of it being her second post in the game, but where we were in the game

Are you saying that you do have an issue with it tho?

Because if your problem is what you mentioned I dont get it because thats the kind of stuff that normally happens at the beginning of the game does it not?

I don't care what post of Nini's the vote came in. I don't care "where" we were in the game.

What I was saying is that the way it came across was a little forced because it was several pages and posts in compared to if she did it in her OP.

Is that nitpicking? Probably but I also don't think it's a terrible observation for 7-8 pages of content that was mostly fluff.

Yes imo.

Who are " you guys" in this instance?

Ok first off, the game has started so [unvote].

*stares at Leyrann*

Interesting.

What is interesting about it?

You didnt think Sooh's reads list was a serious thing did you?

I considered my answers equally serious to her reads.

Okay that's actually not quite true. I did figure that maybe the comment about third parties might get some stuff going as a bonus.

I dont know.  Kinda a meh response imo.

I dont really recall if I have any or much Meta with you but maybe this is normal for you?

Anyone wanna weigh in on this for me?

Well, they were kinda meh posts (or at least intended to be), so I guess that was the right response.

Everyone is here and no one is talking :tongue:

@Ley - your reply seemed pretty serious imo. Maybe I just didn't catch your sarcasm/tone.

Do you have any thoughts beyond that?

There wasn't really much tone to get from it, considering it was written. I meant it non-serious but in a way it could also be read serious, leaving it up to the other players to decide wheter to ignore it as being a joke or comment on it as being serious, and then to go from there.

So it was kinda a reactionary thing?

If so

What were you hoping to glean from it?

What did people's responses give you?

I wasn't really hoping for anything specific - just game talk in general.

Sadly, the game isn't exactly at a high speed yet, though I feel like, with your last series of posts, stuff is actually starting to happen.

Archived