DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Pokemon Go

Sunrise Lord

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, I feel like I'm the only one who thought that this game was quite a big let down. When I heard it was an augmented reality game I was expecting some sort of interaction with your environment beyond being tracked by your GPS. I think it's a pretty wonderful concept but I think the execution is pretty meh.. I love the nostalgia it brought though and people have been loving it so I'm clearly a minority. 

How are you enjoying it?

• Community Administrator

How has no one started this topic yet???

Go!

Found out about it a week after it started, got a new phone (old one died) had to wait another week before I could start using it..

Work happens to have a pokestop on it, so I spin it during my breaks.

Currently lvl 17, and my highest pokemon is around 1100 CP (the water evee)

I just started playing about a week ago.  So far, I really enjoy it, although it is a bit repetitive.  Very, very few pokestops where I live (3 I believe), so it's been a challenge to level up (currently on lvl 6).

Edit:  captured Tauros as I was typing this post lol

Edited by Sunrise Lord

I just started playing about a week ago.  So far, I really enjoy it, although it is a bit repetitive.  Very, very few pokestops where I live (3 I believe), so it's been a challenge to level up (currently on lvl 6).

Edit:  captured Tauros as I was typing this post lol

My best advice for leveling up:

Wait a bit on evolving pokemon. Keep the best ones you catch, turn most into Candy.

If you have one that costs 12 candy, try to keep 12X pokemon. Figure out which pokemon are the most common for you.

For me, its Weedles, Rattata's, and Pidgey's. So I'll keep like 8 of each, and get 12/25x8 candy.

Once you've got that nice bundle of pokemon waiting to evolve, pop a lucky egg, then go nuts.

Also on Evolving/Powering up.

It doesn't really matter if you power up an evee before you evolve. It works out the same either way. (basically the same amount of candy per level up, the same amount of stardust per level-up) Evolving applies a modifier to it's base CP so powering it up before evolving still retains the same 'gains' from evolving. (If you gain 10 CP pre-evolve, and 20CP post-evolve, it's still just applying that modifier)

However, it is recommended to just wait on powering pokemon up and just focus on evolving the best of the best to save more candy/star dust until you get to later levels.

Edited by SinisterDeath

No, you catch a ton of pidgies then pop the free lucky eggs you get at certain levels and use the double XP bonus to evolve pidgy (and any other 12 candy pokemon) to their second level for 1000 XP instead of the normal 500 for evolving something.

If tou have a tob of them then you can jump a couple levels in no time at all.

No, you catch a ton of pidgies then pop the free lucky eggs you get at certain levels and use the double XP bonus to evolve pidgy (and any other 12 candy pokemon) to their second level for 1000 XP instead of the normal 500 for evolving something.

If tou have a tob of them then you can jump a couple levels in no time at all.

Exactly. You get a few free lucky eggs at certain levels.. (8 maybe?) there's a list out there...

Go!

Found out about it a week after it started, got a new phone (old one died) had to wait another week before I could start using it..

Vaporeon bro. Vaporeon.

Go!

Vaporeon bro. Vaporeon.

Rainer bro. :wink:

Go!

Vaporeon bro. Vaporeon.

It absolutely blows my mind how people find this stuff out.

Go!

Vaporeon bro. Vaporeon.

It absolutely blows my mind how people find this stuff out.

Someone had a hunch based on some characters from earlier pokemon Go (Rainer always had a Vaoreon, Sparky always had a... whatever electric evee) So they just tried it out and.. bam it worked... every time. 

Besides, there's very little reason to incorporate the ability to 'name' the pokemon, if there wasn't some other 'reason' to do so. 

Allowing you to name them only serves 2 purposes. (3 if you count naming Evee's)

Marking high cp pokemon you want to keep. (which is served already with the favorite system.)

and Trolling people by renaming them something like purple penis monster, and controlling gyms.

Edited by SinisterDeath

A friend of mine from Slovenia said that it's possible to log into someone else's account (provided they give you that info), and will be able to catch pokemon that aren't available in a particular region, i.e. Farfetch'd, Tauros, etc....  Theoretically, it should work.

Don't see why not. It gets a little trickier if you use google to login with it though. (I sure in the hell wouldn't trust my google user/pass to a random stranger over-seas)

Edited by SinisterDeath

A friend of mine from Slovenia said that it's possible to log into someone else's account (provided they give you that info), and will be able to catch pokemon that aren't available in a particular region, i.e. Farfetch'd, Tauros, etc....  Theoretically, it should work.

Don't see why not. It gets a little trickier if you use facebook to login with it though. (I sure in the hell wouldn't trust my FB user/pass to a random stranger over-seas)

Oh no, I created a PTC account specifically for the game.  I didn't ask him what he used to login, though.

Don't see why not. It gets a little trickier if you use google to login with it though. (I sure in the hell wouldn't trust my google user/pass to a random stranger over-seas)

Oh no, I created a PTC account specifically for the game.  I didn't ask him what he used to login, though.

I meant google over facebook. (Had a brain fart.. but either way wouldn't want to give that away willy nilly)

And yea, I used the google approach over a game account for convenience.

I meant google over facebook. (Had a brain fart.. but either way wouldn't want to give that away willy nilly)

And yea, I used the google approach over a game account for convenience.

Since my job has a pokestop on it, and I 'flick' that pokestop during my breaks, I tend to have a good supply of pokeballs by the time I get home. The Girlfriend, was getting mad at me because I always had pokeballs.

So I tossed her gmail account on my phone, and logged into Pokemon go with her account. (Easier than expected. Drop down for multiple google accounts).

I just tell her to wait an hour (time it takes to go from work to home) before she logs in with pokemon go to prevent the company from thinking we are hacking the location.

Edited by SinisterDeath