DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[Blue Ajah Harry Potter Week] HP Mafia 2016 - Gilderoy Lockhart and the Cult of Personality - GAME OVER, TOWN WINS

Songstress

• Replies 809
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome Kat!

So...I've been busy at work. I have to go now and won't be back until probably right before deadline. I will be back!

For now I will UNVOTE

I'm still pretty uncomfortable with Kaylee. How she's starting to go at Hallia after I make that read on her is unnerving, but could also be legit :unsure:

You just reminded me to go back and look at Hally. I'm not really going after anyone. Trying to find scum. Hally doesn't look great. Yes it started with what you said, then I went back to say why/what I didn't like.

I'm not sure enough to vote yet though.

Welcome Kat!

So...I've been busy at work. I have to go now and won't be back until probably right before deadline. I will be back!

For now I will UNVOTE

Do you feel better about Kaylee, or..?

I was going to ask the same thing.

I'm not saying it's a scum tell. I'm saying that it makes me a little hesitant because I don't find some of the reasons very strong.

For instance, if Kaylee and Luthine are both town, I think that looks bad for you.

Have you honestly seen better reasoning this game so far?

Tbf not really but that doesn't really change the point I was making. In a game this small associative reads aren't going to be hard to make. The person who votes the most townies for ~less than stellar reasons is probably the scum at the end of the day.

I could just be going soft on Kaylee/Luth but I'm not convinced at all either are scum. Nor you. I'm just noting interactions/votes as they come so that I can refer back to them when we have more info.

I just feel like Kaylee is back peddling.

I'm on the fence irt Kaylee right now. I think she's admitting she's wrong but I'm not sure why yet.
I'm sort of the same. I really don't like her argument because it has no value as any sort of scum tell, but she did seem to react kind of intensely to me. Prior to this morning I was a little suss of her because she just agrees with a bunch of people but that's not entirely out of the norm for her either. So, idk. Probably wouldn't not lynch her atp but I'd like it more if the quieter folks weighed in more.

What holds me up is the thought that such a weak push wouldn't come from scum, but then the "quick" back down could come from scum if they know they can't win, so it brings me to a null, I guess. I think I need to go back and look at raisins and motivation before siding either way on this.

No, I'm just highlighting how bad her point is. Like what, only scum joke vote now?

Please :rolleyes:

Again twisting my words. The joke vote itself isn't a problem. The problem is leaving it so close to deadline.

Here's one example. The twisting of words is him making it sound like my only/main issue is that he joke voted. That was never one of my points. That's why I said he was twisting my words. (Making it about something it wasn't about)

But the point was that he joke voted and left it on there. If it was me I would think the length of time was really a nonissue because it's not something I even THINK of unless there's something happening which would warrant a vote change, if that makes sense. --> The original problem was length of time of the joke vote, but it centers around the joke vote, so this isn't exactly misrepresenting or twisting, imo, just downplaying that the time is an issue, which it really isn't.

I'll wait to see what Kat comes up with.

Welcome Kat

lol here's what I've come up with... I hate D1 and a LATE D1 entry stinks lol 

Right now If I HAD to choose someone I think Kaylee would be the most suspicious because of her attack on AJ for something I didn't get and then subsequent backdown when people started voting her for it... but there is very little to go on. Verb has been quiet but I don't know the last time I played with him so that could be normal. AJ and hallia I reserve judgement on for now, though i see nothing really scummy about their play, especially AJ. I don't know why Luthine voted... I don't see what she saw *shrugs* 

as for the rest.. pretty null 

My reads are a whole bunch of nulls unfortunately. Off the top of my head:

Andrej - towning

Kaylee - I'm caught up in the weird push on AJ but reading his explanation about old-DM I CAN see where that push would come from but Kaylee has played recently and that makes it a weak push that she backed down from. So nullishscummish

Rhea - I don't remember much from her other than knowing she posted and there were no pings, which isn't really saying much I guess

Wifi - Townish? I literally have no clue how to read her. Some things earlier I would have crucified a more exp player for though. My meta is limited and confuddled for Wifi.

Hally - Um. Didn't like her push on me earlier. But I do like that she reevaluated. Last game she did not. She gets the slightest of town leans for that.

Luthine/Kat - Welcome! Luthine was scummy with that opportunistic vote. I don't remember much else from her.

Verb - Nothing has bothered me about his posts, but his quietness will start to bother me if it continues.

I just feel like Kaylee is back peddling.

I'm on the fence irt Kaylee right now. I think she's admitting she's wrong but I'm not sure why yet.
I'm sort of the same. I really don't like her argument because it has no value as any sort of scum tell, but she did seem to react kind of intensely to me. Prior to this morning I was a little suss of her because she just agrees with a bunch of people but that's not entirely out of the norm for her either. So, idk. Probably wouldn't not lynch her atp but I'd like it more if the quieter folks weighed in more.
What holds me up is the thought that such a weak push wouldn't come from scum, but then the "quick" back down could come from scum if they know they can't win, so it brings me to a null, I guess. I think I need to go back and look at raisins and motivation before siding either way on this.

No, I'm just highlighting how bad her point is. Like what, only scum joke vote now?

Please :rolleyes:

Again twisting my words. The joke vote itself isn't a problem. The problem is leaving it so close to deadline.
Here's one example. The twisting of words is him making it sound like my only/main issue is that he joke voted. That was never one of my points. That's why I said he was twisting my words. (Making it about something it wasn't about)
But the point was that he joke voted and left it on there. If it was me I would think the length of time was really a nonissue because it's not something I even THINK of unless there's something happening which would warrant a vote change, if that makes sense. --> The original problem was length of time of the joke vote, but it centers around the joke vote, so this isn't exactly misrepresenting or twisting, imo, just downplaying that the time is an issue, which it really isn't.

I just didn't see it that way. My thought was "OMG we're 24 hours from deadline and the only vote is a joke vote? Why doesn't he unvote and try to find scum?" Which pinged. Then I thought he was trying to discredit me and was saying "well at least I have a vote, which means something". That sounded scummy as hell so I voted. I realized as were going back and forth that I was wrong about what he was actually saying. Which meant I was left with a difference of opinion on leaving the joke vote. Not a good reason to vote him so I unvoted.

After all that, seeing what he was really saying, I felt better about him again.

I'll wait to see what Kat comes up with.

Welcome Kat

lol here's what I've come up with... I hate D1 and a LATE D1 entry stinks lol

Right now If I HAD to choose someone I think Kaylee would be the most suspicious because of her attack on AJ for something I didn't get and then subsequent backdown when people started voting her for it... but there is very little to go on. Verb has been quiet but I don't know the last time I played with him so that could be normal. AJ and hallia I reserve judgement on for now, though i see nothing really scummy about their play, especially AJ. I don't know why Luthine voted... I don't see what she saw *shrugs*

as for the rest.. pretty null

I backed off after things were explained, not because I had votes on me.

I remember what I didn't like about your Luth vote. You said it was for her twisting words. Then you do just that to me when you questioned why nobody else would vote (not what I said at all).

Then there's the vote on me which I still don't see the reasons for...not explained.

I wasn't the only person to think you were saying that. I believe Laine agreed.

See below

I'm largely null on almost everyone :unsure:

Verb's few posts were decent but I don't that's anything he couldn't post as scum. Too soon to call.

Dice doesn't have a lot of posts but his intro wants to make me town read him instantly if you know the history of his role streak in HP games.

Kaylee seems to be doing a lot of agreeing with everyone, so not sure about her.

Rhea seemed okay in her few posts.

WiFi is as confusing as always. Would peek ASAP

Luthine is already suspicious of me, so she is probably town :rolleyes:

Hallia changed her tune a little bit irt Laine's OP but I'm not sure she opens so aggressively as scum.

Laine is null. The whole knowing role PMs were out but not bothering to check isn't something I understand at all. Not really scummy but overall just meh.

I've also made comments and thoughts of my own. Like noting you still have a joke vote in place with less than 24 hours till deadline. (At least as of this post). That I don't like.
Gross. joke votes don't mean a thing and you should probably know that. I'm also the only person to vote anyone at all atp. Does that mean anything?

[unvote]

[v]Kaylee[/v]

This one? Kaylee I think you're taking it out of context. Saying "I'm the only person to vote at all" is different from saying "at least I have a vote" - the former is saying that you're jumping on him for a joke vote and not on anyone else for not voting at all, the latter one is defending the vote. You've been saying the latter, not the former. Which is incorrect. I don't see him defending his vote at all here..

The fact that he added does that mean anything I took as him saying "hey I'm doing something, I have a vote". Could I be wrong there? Yes, but I still don't get leaving a joke vote so close to deadline or twisting my words.

I'm largely null on almost everyone :unsure:

Verb's few posts were decent but I don't that's anything he couldn't post as scum. Too soon to call.

Dice doesn't have a lot of posts but his intro wants to make me town read him instantly if you know the history of his role streak in HP games.

Kaylee seems to be doing a lot of agreeing with everyone, so not sure about her.

Rhea seemed okay in her few posts.

WiFi is as confusing as always. Would peek ASAP

Luthine is already suspicious of me, so she is probably town :rolleyes:

Hallia changed her tune a little bit irt Laine's OP but I'm not sure she opens so aggressively as scum.

Laine is null. The whole knowing role PMs were out but not bothering to check isn't something I understand at all. Not really scummy but overall just meh.

I've also made comments and thoughts of my own. Like noting you still have a joke vote in place with less than 24 hours till deadline. (At least as of this post). That I don't like.

Gross. joke votes don't mean a thing and you should probably know that. I'm also the only person to vote anyone at all atp. Does that mean anything?

[unvote]

[v]Kaylee[/v]

This one? Kaylee I think you're taking it out of context. Saying "I'm the only person to vote at all" is different from saying "at least I have a vote" - the former is saying that you're jumping on him for a joke vote and not on anyone else for not voting at all, the latter one is defending the vote. You've been saying the latter, not the former. Which is incorrect. I don't see him defending his vote at all here..

The fact that he added does that mean anything I took as him saying "hey I'm doing something, I have a vote". Could I be wrong there? Yes, but I still don't get leaving a joke vote so close to deadline or twisting my words.

Now battery is dying. I'll catch up then will be back on when I get home and can charge. (Should be about an hour or two)

So this is the quote: "Gross. joke votes don't mean a thing and you should probably know that. I'm also the only person to vote anyone at all atp. Does that mean anything?"

I think you're twisting the meaning of what he's saying here, or not reading the tone of the post correctly or something. The way I read this is exactly how it's written, not that he's trying to claim some work he hasn't done. Asking you to look at other people for not voting people seems legit, and him stating that he's the only one that's voted at all is fact. He's not exactly doing anything shifty.. 

As for leaving a vote close to deadline. A lot can happen in 24 hours. A lot can happen in the 5 minutes leading up to a lynch. I don't see the big deal that you're making out of it. 

Can you show me exactly where he twisted your words? 

I'm off my lunch break now but I'll try to skim while working probably.

You asked, I was not twisting your words.  Even Laine is a bit confuddled to what you were trying to say.  So no.  i was not.

lol Lainey... Luthine's vote was a poor choice if she was trying to be "opportunistic" no one that in any way knows AJ in mafia (and I know you don't Kaylee so please don't take this wrong I've just played with him a good bit) thinks that most of the people in here would take his vote to mean anything other than a joke and would vote him for said reason. That train was going no where. I dont' understand the vote at all unless she thought he was being overly defensive about it? 

I just didn't see it that way. My thought was "OMG we're 24 hours from deadline and the only vote is a joke vote? Why doesn't he unvote and try to find scum?" Which pinged. Then I thought he was trying to discredit me and was saying "well at least I have a vote, which means something". That sounded scummy as hell so I voted. I realized as were going back and forth that I was wrong about what he was actually saying. Which meant I was left with a difference of opinion on leaving the joke vote. Not a good reason to vote him so I unvoted.

After all that, seeing what he was really saying, I felt better about him again.

I really like this explanation. The one thing that holds me up though is, why instead of going after the one person who IS voting, not go after those who aren't voting? I feel like encouraging others to scum hunt/scum hunting would be a better use of time than "omg that one joke vote is going to lynch Verb let me go after Andrej for him not unvoting instead"

I don't really like your point about "not scum hunting" both because I think I was fairly progressive up to that point and also because having my joke vote still on doesn't hinder that whatsoever.

If this is to me: I felt you were asking everyone where they stood and stopped there. After the Laine/Hally thing anyway. I'm just used to you trying to dive deeper and figure things out. I explained why I thought that. See my response with the "". I realized I was wrong after you explained which is why I backed off. You're doing more what I expected with me and your recent reads list.

lol Lainey... Luthine's vote was a poor choice if she was trying to be "opportunistic" no one that in any way knows AJ in mafia (and I know you don't Kaylee so please don't take this wrong I've just played with him a good bit) thinks that most of the people in here would take his vote to mean anything other than a joke and would vote him for said reason. That train was going no where. I dont' understand the vote at all unless she thought he was being overly defensive about it? 

The fact that it was a poor choice and an easy vote makes it opportunistic.

*snipped*

You asked, I was not twisting your words. Even Laine is a bit confuddled to what you were trying to say. So no. i was not.

I didn't ask about everyone, but about him specifically. It felt like twisting as the focus was not on my point at all. I was questioning one person on motives.

The fact that it was a poor choice and an easy vote makes it opportunistic.

I posted too soon: refer to post #325: http://www.dragonmount.com/forums/topic/98448-blue-ajah-harry-potter-week-hp-mafia-2016-gilderoy-lockhart-and-the-cult-of-personality-day-one/page-17?do=findComment&comment=3688185

@Kaylee you can't always force content and forcing reads off little content usually turns out bad for town. See our little argument today :wink:

I was probing to get others to open up so that we could discuss more. I don't always need to be the main mouth piece of the game to be effective in finding scum.

I really like this explanation. The one thing that holds me up though is, why instead of going after the one person who IS voting, not go after those who aren't voting? I feel like encouraging others to scum hunt/scum hunting would be a better use of time than "omg that one joke vote is going to lynch Verb let me go after Andrej for him not unvoting instead"

Because I had no reads yet as far as scum. So when that stood out to me I said as much. I scum hunt by doing that. Usually I try to town hunt.

Archived