DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[Blue Ajah Harry Potter Week] HP Mafia 2016 - Gilderoy Lockhart and the Cult of Personality - GAME OVER, TOWN WINS

Songstress

No, I'm just highlighting how bad her point is. Like what, only scum joke vote now?

Please :rolleyes:

Again twisting my words. The joke vote itself isn't a problem. The problem is leaving it so close to deadline.
do you literally believe he would have left it there?

It was the fact that it was still there. Why not unvote and try to find scum? Spark conversation or something instead of leaving it?

• Replies 809
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seriously - who cares?

My joke vote wasn't going to be the deciding factor. I'll use my vote how I please and as of last night when I was asking people their thoughts I didn't have someone else I wanted to vote yet. Just because I didn't unvote means absolutely nothing. You're trying to apply scumminess on such a meaningless action. It's incredible.

No, I'm just highlighting how bad her point is. Like what, only scum joke vote now?

Again twisting my words. The joke vote itself isn't a problem. The problem is leaving it so close to deadline.
Still a bad point.

Guaranteed even if I were scum I wouldn't just park on Verb without 1) voting someone else eventually or 2) reaffirming that I wanted to lynch Verb if I thought I could push him.

So no, I don't care how much time was left. Your theory that he was going to get lynched from my singular vote and that no one else would vote at all before DL is largely unreasonable.

My argument wasn't about Verb getting lynched. You defended leaving it, twisted my words. Besides why not unvote and then try to find scum? 24 hours till deadline is a good time to do that.

It was the fact that it was still there. Why not unvote and try to find scum? Spark conversation or something instead of leaving it?

As of the middle of yesterday you loved my progression.

Now I wasn't doing anything to find scum? Does my joke vote being on Verb really change the fact?

Too lazy to unvote? On mobile and don't feel like it? No pressing reason to unvote?

I don't see why it's a big deal, I leave votes I don't believe in all the time

I don't get the "no pressing reason to unvote" argument. To me, you get within 24 hours of deadline you should be trying to find scum. I don't get reason to be lazy. I'm on mobile too and at least I'm doing more than leaving a lazy vote.

Seriously - who cares?

My joke vote wasn't going to be the deciding factor. I'll use my vote how I please and as of last night when I was asking people their thoughts I didn't have someone else I wanted to vote yet. Just because I didn't unvote means absolutely nothing. You're trying to apply scumminess on such a meaningless action. It's incredible.

Ok fair enough. What about your weak defense of "at least I have a vote" and then twisting my words? It was all three combined that made me vote you.

Can you pull the quote where he "defended" it? Bc I don't remember that and I'm on mobile

I'm on mobile and at the park with the kids, but he said something about "at least I have a vote". That wasn't his exact wording. Let me see if I can quickly find it.

I'm largely null on almost everyone :unsure:

Verb's few posts were decent but I don't that's anything he couldn't post as scum. Too soon to call.

Dice doesn't have a lot of posts but his intro wants to make me town read him instantly if you know the history of his role streak in HP games.

Kaylee seems to be doing a lot of agreeing with everyone, so not sure about her.

Rhea seemed okay in her few posts.

WiFi is as confusing as always. Would peek ASAP

Luthine is already suspicious of me, so she is probably town :rolleyes:

Hallia changed her tune a little bit irt Laine's OP but I'm not sure she opens so aggressively as scum.

Laine is null. The whole knowing role PMs were out but not bothering to check isn't something I understand at all. Not really scummy but overall just meh.

I've also made comments and thoughts of my own. Like noting you still have a joke vote in place with less than 24 hours till deadline. (At least as of this post). That I don't like.
Gross. joke votes don't mean a thing and you should probably know that. I'm also the only person to vote anyone at all atp. Does that mean anything?

[unvote]

[v]Kaylee[/v]

Laine: See the bold

I pointed out that I was the only person to vote and asked her if that meant anything too.

I was hardly defending it, more making a point that her argument was bad.

It wasn't my only argument and yeah it felt like a defense to me.

As of the middle of yesterday you loved my progression.

Now I wasn't doing anything to find scum? Does my joke vote being on Verb really change the fact?

It was leaving the joke vote, twisting my words then what felt like a defense.

Verb's few posts were decent but I don't that's anything he couldn't post as scum. Too soon to call.

Dice doesn't have a lot of posts but his intro wants to make me town read him instantly if you know the history of his role streak in HP games.

Kaylee seems to be doing a lot of agreeing with everyone, so not sure about her.

Hallia changed her tune a little bit irt Laine's OP but I'm not sure she opens so aggressively as scum.

Laine is null. The whole knowing role PMs were out but not bothering to check isn't something I understand at all. Not really scummy but overall just meh.

I've also made comments and thoughts of my own. Like noting you still have a joke vote in place with less than 24 hours till deadline. (At least as of this post). That I don't like.

Gross. joke votes don't mean a thing and you should probably know that. I'm also the only person to vote anyone at all atp. Does that mean anything?

[unvote]

[v]Kaylee[/v]

This one? Kaylee I think you're taking it out of context. Saying "I'm the only person to vote at all" is different from saying "at least I have a vote" - the former is saying that you're jumping on him for a joke vote and not on anyone else for not voting at all, the latter one is defending the vote. You've been saying the latter, not the former. Which is incorrect. I don't see him defending his vote at all here.. 

What words did I twist?

And I'm not defending my vote. I'm asking if the fact I'm the only one to make one meant anything, since apparently leaving my joke vote is so scummy.

I'd like you to answer Laine's point. How does my joke vote prevent me or anyone else from scum hunting? As of yesterday you "loved" my posts. So does my joke vote really change anything?

Did he ever defend voting verb in particular? Because if not then it doesn't really matter. It's a joke vote with no meaning instead of a serious vote which he would leave... right?

It wasn't vote itself. Now you're just ignoring my points all together. See my reasoning in my post just before this one.

how does not unvoting prevent anyone from finding scum?

I didn't say it prevents everyone else from finding scum. I was only questioning him.

Too lazy to unvote? On mobile and don't feel like it? No pressing reason to unvote?

I don't get the "no pressing reason to unvote" argument. To me, you get within 24 hours of deadline you should be trying to find scum. I don't get reason to be lazy. I'm on mobile too and at least I'm doing more than leaving a lazy vote.

I mean... I've left votes before because I didn't feel like typing the [ unvote ] and had no where else to put my vote, or didn't think there was any way that the person I was currently voting would get lynched so it didn't really matter what I did while I was looking elsewhere. Hence "no pressing reason". If AJ isn't pushing a case against Verbal, you know he's not trying to lynch Verbal; I think that matters more than where his dang vote is currently sitting. 

[unvote]

[v]Kaylee[/v]

This one? Kaylee I think you're taking it out of context. Saying "I'm the only person to vote at all" is different from saying "at least I have a vote" - the former is saying that you're jumping on him for a joke vote and not on anyone else for not voting at all, the latter one is defending the vote. You've been saying the latter, not the former. Which is incorrect. I don't see him defending his vote at all here..

The fact that he added does that mean anything I took as him saying "hey I'm doing something, I have a vote". Could I be wrong there? Yes, but I still don't get leaving a joke vote so close to deadline or twisting my words.

Now battery is dying. I'll catch up then will be back on when I get home and can charge. (Should be about an hour or two)

What words did I twist?

And I'm not defending my vote. I'm asking if the fact I'm the only one to make one meant anything, since apparently leaving my joke vote is so scummy.

I'd like you to answer Laine's point. How does my joke vote prevent me or anyone else from scum hunting? As of yesterday you "loved" my posts. So does my joke vote really change anything?

I have answered Laine. It doesn't, but why weren't you scum hunting? I guess I misunderstood your question and took it as a defense.

For now [/unvote]

There's no arbitrary time frame when having a vote on someone becomes unacceptable.

I wasn't pushing Verb and it's not like no one else was going to vote elsewhere, including myself, so that he would just potentially be lynched by proxy.

I don't think I've twisted anything. You're pushing a bad argument, period.

I mean... I've left votes before because I didn't feel like typing the [ unvote ] and had no where else to put my vote, or didn't think there was any way that the person I was currently voting would get lynched so it didn't really matter what I did while I was looking elsewhere. Hence "no pressing reason". If AJ isn't pushing a case against Verbal, you know he's not trying to lynch Verbal; I think that matters more than where his dang vote is currently sitting.

I suppose you have a point. It felt scummy so I pursued it.

[unvote]

[v]Kaylee[/v]

The fact that he added does that mean anything I took as him saying "hey I'm doing something, I have a vote". Could I be wrong there? Yes, but I still don't get leaving a joke vote so close to deadline or twisting my words.

Now battery is dying. I'll catch up then will be back on when I get home and can charge. (Should be about an hour or two)

So this is the quote: "Gross. joke votes don't mean a thing and you should probably know that. I'm also the only person to vote anyone at all atp. Does that mean anything?"

I think you're twisting the meaning of what he's saying here, or not reading the tone of the post correctly or something. The way I read this is exactly how it's written, not that he's trying to claim some work he hasn't done. Asking you to look at other people for not voting people seems legit, and him stating that he's the only one that's voted at all is fact. He's not exactly doing anything shifty.. 

As for leaving a vote close to deadline. A lot can happen in 24 hours. A lot can happen in the 5 minutes leading up to a lynch. I don't see the big deal that you're making out of it. 

Can you show me exactly where he twisted your words? 

I'm off my lunch break now but I'll try to skim while working probably.

Archived