DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[Blue Ajah Harry Potter Week][SIGNUPS] HP Mafia 2016 - Gilderoy Lockhart and the Cult of Personality

Songstress

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A Harry Potter themed game, you say?  With Dice and Hallia, and with Rhea and Lainey, you say?  Should be a good one :wub: 

If this is an annual thing, does that mean one took place last year?

The Blues host one every year about this time. I'm quite fond of the 2012 edition. Mafia team pwned that one. (That was also the game that taught me that if you care about the theme, don't join if you aren't caught up and want to avoid spoilers for the source material. I used 24-point bold all caps after someone posted key stuff from Deathly Hallows.)

:laugh:

If BFG plays I have to play. I have fond memories of her and I GOATing it up last year <3

I also have fond (?) memories of my death that game. It was very special, and I believe it's the first time my death has been custom written by a wolf (and censored by a mod).

I'm sure whoever it was, he was a well-intentioned (and handsomely chinned gentle)man with nothing but love and respect for you.  

Ooohhh

Love AND respect, huh? 

:wub:

A Harry Potter themed game, you say?  With Dice and Hallia, and with Rhea and Lainey, you say?  Should be a good one :wub: 

If this is an annual thing, does that mean one took place last year?

The Blues host one every year about this time. I'm quite fond of the 2012 edition. Mafia team pwned that one. (That was also the game that taught me that if you care about the theme, don't join if you aren't caught up and want to avoid spoilers for the source material. I used 24-point bold all caps after someone posted key stuff from Deathly Hallows.)

:laugh:

If BFG plays I have to play. I have fond memories of her and I GOATing it up last year <3

I also have fond (?) memories of my death that game. It was very special, and I believe it's the first time my death has been custom written by a wolf (and censored by a mod).

I'm sure whoever it was, he was a well-intentioned (and handsomely chinned gentle)man with nothing but love and respect for you.

Ooohhh

Love AND respect, huh? 

:wub:

I just got stabbed in the back :(

I'm sure the aforementioned guy would never do anything like that and probably just hugged you to death, but he didn't mention that to Tress because he didn't want it to be a matter of public record :unsure:

I'm sure the aforementioned guy would never do anything like that and probably just hugged you to death, but he didn't mention that to Tress because he didn't want it to be a matter of public record :unsure:

Okok :wub: :wub: :wub:

Just uhhh please don't make me mafia?

Why not?  You will probably be with me after all.

ive been mafia 3 years in a row. Two as Belatrix

looks at Tress  Do NOT make me a Malfoy again!

please?    

towns probably too much to ask for....

The majority of the roster probably already understands the concept but there's a few who might not.

Feel free to ask :)

This discussion is probably better had before game

Enlighten me, AJ? :)

Lol Dice, no. I might lynch you first though haha

Luthine, it's basically pretending to be cop even if you're not, that way the real cop can blatantly put their peeks in the thread like everyone else to be known after they die. The trick is having good "peeks" though so that the mafia doesn't rule you out as mafia and you remain a good target for NK. The longer the cop can remain alive, the more peeks they get, so vanillas should probably wait until they have a solid town read d1 before dropping their n0 peek

Also, if anyone doesn't feel comfortable doing seer cover or don't think they can do it convincingly, don't do it so that mafia can't easily rule you out. If you're the REAL cop, same, we could probably figure it out if you leave good enough hints lol

We failed last year by not having this discussion and failing to do seer cover and then nobody knew who BFGs peeks were until post game...

Also, if anyone doesn't feel comfortable doing seer cover or don't think they can do it convincingly, don't do it so that mafia can't easily rule you out. If you're the REAL cop, same, we could probably figure it out if you leave good enough hints lol

We failed last year by not having this discussion and failing to do seer cover and then nobody knew who BFGs peeks were until post game...

Ahh, makes sense. Interesting, I've never been in a game where this happened, wouldn't have crossed my mind honestly, lol.

I guess that if the real Cop suspects a fake claim from Mafia, all they have to do is check them that night to clear them. /has been in a game with a mafia fake claiming Cop that drew out the real Cop.

It's mainly used for seer-reliant games when there aren't a bunch of other power roles that can make a difference, so you generally wont see it in role-madness games, but yes in games where there's just mafia and a cop/seer. Sure you can really just seer cover in any game as vanilla and you should always in order to protect the PRs since vanillas are only useful for votes >_> 

There ARE people who are anti-seer cover and I'm sure they're around and will give their reasons or whatever why seer cover uncovers the seer instead of protecting them

Depends on Real seer strategy: some like to peek who could be town to stay hidden (since fake peeks are generally "alanna v" or "andrej v" instead of "I have peeked Luthine and they are mafia" since that can be easily checked through lynch and then you could lose two townies), some might go for their nulls. I generally like to peek in my nulls or for someone I know will be alive/useful later game and needs to be cop-cleared. 

Best way to verify a scum peek though is to see if mafia NKs the "seer" the next night, tbh. Would never lynch a cop who claimed someone is mafia. 

Technically Chris figured them both out :dry:

It's mainly used for seer-reliant games when there aren't a bunch of other power roles that can make a difference, so you generally wont see it in role-madness games, but yes in games where there's just mafia and a cop/seer. Sure you can really just seer cover in any game as vanilla and you should always in order to protect the PRs since vanillas are only useful for votes >_> 

There ARE people who are anti-seer cover and I'm sure they're around and will give their reasons or whatever why seer cover uncovers the seer instead of protecting them

Depends on Real seer strategy: some like to peek who could be town to stay hidden (since fake peeks are generally "alanna v" or "andrej v" instead of "I have peeked Luthine and they are mafia" since that can be easily checked through lynch and then you could lose two townies), some might go for their nulls. I generally like to peek in my nulls or for someone I know will be alive/useful later game and needs to be cop-cleared. 

Best way to verify a scum peek though is to see if mafia NKs the "seer" the next night, tbh. Would never lynch a cop who claimed someone is mafia. 

In the game I was talking about, the fake claim made it to look like they were possibly a confused/mad cop or something, it made things interesting for a while :tongue:

Reasons seer cover doesn't work is because most people aren't very good at it (including myself)

In the Champs game we had a similar setup. I was cop, left my peek and automatically distanced myself from it (basically by treating my peek as any other player I didn't know the alignmentvof). By the end of Day 1 half the town had left peeks, only one of which was correct and he voted his peek before EOD.

Because mafia didn't believe I was cop (XD) they shot into the none posting town, which gave us a chance (we still lost, badly)

So we lucked out, but it shouldnt have worked that well for us.

Belichick was pretty bad SHC wise (except Sooh GOAT), April Fools was an unmitigated disaster I don't want to discuss :dry:

basically it's not just leaving correct cover, but knowing how to behave towards peeks, etc

Think it worked ok in House of cards

doesn't count, Chris was mafia. And I played a terrible game, sorry =(

Archived