DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Your top 5 actresses to play Lanfear

Elgee

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Height would not concern me too much there. John Rhys-Davis is 6'1", and he played Gimli. Also, none of the Hobbit actors are under 4 feet tall. That's what good old camera angles are for. :smile: (I use the LotR references since the majority of their height-difference shots were handled with traditional camera angles and tricks instead of tons of CGI). 

Height would not concern me too much there. John Rhys-Davis is 6'1", and he played Gimli. Also, none of the Hobbit actors are under 4 feet tall. That's what good old camera angles are for. :smile: (I use the LotR references since the majority of their height-difference shots were handled with traditional camera angles and tricks instead of tons of CGI). 

My point exactly, only explained better than I did :)

Well, if the body doesn't have to belong to an actress, and we disregard the height, then I'd say Jessica Lange's mind into the body of Linda Evangelista could possibly make the ideal Lanfear.

Gisele Bundchen and Elle McPherson have acted on screen (and I don't know if they could have acted  well enough to convince anyone they had Lanfear's mind), but I don't know if Evangelista has ever done that. Linda Evangelista is "only" 1.75 meters tall. Jessica Lange could probably act evil enough, had she had the right appearence. 

(Younger versions of them all. Now they're too old.)

Linda Evangelista was certainly beautiful enough:

evang59.jpg

Are you talking about this Jessica Lange? The one who played in King Kong?

jessicalange0048.jpg

Jessica Lange played in American horror story. I didn't see all the episodes, and most of what I saw was from one of the seasons. She made a pretty evil impression there. She's been known and well received by critics for a long time, so she might never have come with a small pay-check. Not the most beautiful woman in the world even when she was young, I think.

Oh wow I forgot how gorgeous Hedy Lamar was.... And I forgot what a pain it is to post images on ios mobile

l_b923e081d24fd1229da9a10bbf96bd73.jpg

Oh my yes! In fact, I might have to change my vote to make her my number 1 ...

Hedy-Lamarr.jpg

Oh dear....I'm going to have to throw Joan Collins into this one! 

Talk about beauty and attitude!

joan-collins.jpg

Hmmm ... her face seems a bit ... unrefined, to me.

How about Alyssa Sutherland. She plays Aslaug on Vikings and has done a pretty good crazy!

alyssabanner2.png

She's certainly gorgeous, but I think she'd make a much better Aviendha than Lanfear.

I'm all for Jamie Alexander, you might know her as Sif

151f1e6426d0b87d6c5c763ee693d07d.jpg

Oh my word yes! I know her as Jane Doe in Blindspot - she's breathtakingly beautiful, and a good actress.

jaimie-alexander-photoshoot-for-emmy-iss

I'm all for Jamie Alexander, you might know her as Sif

151f1e6426d0b87d6c5c763ee693d07d.jpg

Prob my #2 for Lanfear - she's amazing in Blindspot, and beautiful as well.

But if we're talking about any time for any actress, clearly there can be no other than Angelina.  In her prime, there has never been (nor will there ever be) another woman as beautiful and magnetic as Angie.

Honorable mention to Kate Beckinsale, of course.

Oooh you're on to something there, Mills! I was thinking of starting a Graendal or Semi thread next, as is *grins*

I have no idea for Graendal, but Semirhage is one of those characters that I've consistently imagined as the same person since the very first scene she was in.

Oooh you're on to something there, Mills! I was thinking of starting a Graendal or Semi thread next, as is *grins*

I have no idea for Graendal, but Semirhage is one of those characters that I've consistently imagined as the same person since the very first scene she was in.

Tell me it's Naomi Campbell ...

Semirhage would be around 1.87 meters in height (even taller than Lanfear), dark in skin, wavy hair and quite beautiful. Also sadistic in nature - more evil than Lanfear, if that's possible. Descriptions will probably break down at that point. They will probably have to change that when they're adapting it to screen. Artistic freedom or whatever.

Nope...I am on my phone right now and can't post a pic easily, but Semi is someone I'd enjoy a thread for.

I would have found it an amusing coincidence if you'd started it on the first of this month. :wink:

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I might as well put this out there. Grace Jones as May Day in A View To A Kill.

post-19193-0-39181800-1464664731_thumb.jpeg

How about Megan Fox!?

Always thought she was pretty.

ac2886facc23299ee2026615a72c57a3.jpg

For Lanfear or Semirhage? We've had some thread drift here. Semirhage specifically being described as black, but I'm not assuming anything about what you're thinking.

Archived