DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Updates to the site

JenniferL

Members of Dragonmount,
It is with great regret that I must inform you, do to ever increasing cost of internet services, servers, networking equipment and electricity, Dragonmount now costs us more than ever to run.  The Administration and I have discussed a number of options and have decided that, to help cover the costs for running and upkeep of the site and forums, we will be switching to a downloadable content system wherein certain features will cost money (USD) for you to use.

We are hereby giving all our users a two week notice that, as of April 14th, the following changes will be placed into effect.

• Users will be allowed to select one free avatar when they join the site, after that, each Avatar Change will cost $5.
  • Users will be limited to 50 posts a day, after that you may pay $5 for an additional 50 posts. For those who wish, an unlimited number of posts may be purchased for $100 per month.

In addition to these changes, we are also implementing a few other new features

• New Signature Controls - Under the new system, you may have separate signatures for each board/group. Setting a signature for one group area will not set it for any other area. Multiple charges will be made for each area you wish to add a signature to. To facilitate this, your current signatures will be removed on the 14th and will cost $10 per month to add to your profile for the selected board.
  • Voice Chat - The old text based chatroom will remain free, however, a new chat system allowing for voice chat between members, will cost $10 per month to access.
  • Video Chat - What's better than voice chat?  Video Chat!  For just $20 per month you will have access to video chat with other members.
  • Group Swap - Are you tired of your old social group but not wanting to loose all the effort you put in raising your points and internal ranking? For $25 you can move to a new Social Group and migrate to the internal rank closest to your current one.

This post has been promoted to an article

Zander will need a bank loan to play mafia now.....

Yeah, avatars shouldn't be too bad except for those who change theirs often... I've only done it once or twice though and very happy with mine.

Signatures will be cool to have for different boards but not cool to have to pay for. And posting limits will be sad for BT & Mafia boards. Though still only about half awake until I finish making some coffee or tea so will have to reread this after I'm fully awake.

Wha??

I can think of 3 voice chat options off the top of my head that are free, and that handle MMO guilds, so handling DM shouldn't be a problem...

Mafia is definitely taking a hit...

On the other hand, I notice today's date. Well played.

Archived