DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Marvel Universe - need some help here

Niniel

I saw X2 yesterday and The last stand today. There are definitely good things in those movies but I think they loose some by having too many characters. For example, I wish we had learned more about Phoenix and what Xavier had done to her.

The last stand ended a bit sad. Xavier dead, Jean dead, Cyclops dead and both Magneto and Mystique had lost their powers. (And Rouge but she choose that herself.) I don´t like that. From what I understand there is another movie where they go back in time. I guess I need to watch that one too. :D

May want to watch that after credits scene...

https://youtube.com/watch?v=ZSkn3KYwmtc

Remember Xavier's hypothetical idea of taking over a comatose person... He is not dead

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched Days of future past yesterday. I think it´s one of the better X-men movies. They didn´t focus on too many characters. It´s interesting to watch Charles, Eric and Raven and see why they became the persons that they are later in the story. I´m actually looking forward to the next movie and hope Sofie Turner will make a good young Jean Gray.

Today I will watch Wolverine and then I´m done with X-men. Puh! :D

No, no Netflix but it´s really cheap to rent a movie if it´s not a new one in the local movie store. 

I watched Wolverine and I wasn´t very fond of it. Too much running, chasing and fighting. I get that I can´t get a super hero movie without fighting but it was too much meaningless action for me. I didn´t get why he choose to be with the girl. I liked the Jean Gray hallucinations though. 

I don´t know when in the timeline this is. Will he get his good claws back? 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

I finally watched the last movies that I hadn´t seen - Ant Man and Doctor Strange. They were okay. I´m looking forward to the coming movies. 

What I like about the Marvel movies isn´t the action, because I´m not very fond of fighting scenes or chasing scenes or war scenes... :D What I like is the world and it´s characters. It´s like when I read fantasy books, I want to learn all there is about that world. I haven´t read any of the comics so I have had to search the internet for all the backstories and it´s fun to learn more. 

its also hard to do. if for no other reason than you're dealing with multiple potential backstories. marvel has had several revisionings and restarts and now universe starts to their characters. and the movies tend to combine aspects of several pretty much creating their own versions. they keep pretty true to the main source material, except for the first x-men movies. well almost all x-men movies. but i think thats because its a different studio producing them. 

its also hard to do. if for no other reason than you're dealing with multiple potential backstories. marvel has had several revisionings and restarts and now universe starts to their characters. and the movies tend to combine aspects of several pretty much creating their own versions. they keep pretty true to the main source material, except for the first x-men movies. well almost all x-men movies. but i think thats because its a different studio producing them. 

It´s hard but I like to play detective. :)

On a side note, some of the more knowledgeable people on DM on the subject of comics and their adaptations aren't BT members. Or at least not currently active ones. So the people that I can think of being the best able to explain this stuff are least likely to see this thread.

Noone check New Content? But I´m totally satisfied with talking to all of my BT friends about it. :)

ahem!

• 6 months later...

Clearly forgot about this thread. 

Dice, I did watch it. I liked it.

Yesterday I saw Thor Ragnarok and I loved it! It was so funny. Have anyone seen it yet?

i have. had a ball laughing with my kids

its not out over here yet. comes out next week

where do you leave? The Two Rivers??

its not out over here yet. comes out next week

where do you leave? The Two Rivers??

California. it literally opens today in the US.  but i'm going tuesday because tickets are half price