DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

ANOTHER "Who Killed Asmodean?" Poll!

Beowolf

This is a new Asmo poll, with choices I found a bit more appropriate. That and the other one seemed to be getting a bit full with posts. :D

If you vote for someone who is not Graendal, try to post your reasons for voting for that person, if you can :D

Guest Barmacral
If you vote for someone who is not Graendal, try to post your reasons for voting for that person, if you can

Hmm, something tells me that Beowolf things it was Graendal... just a hunch though :D

^ As I've said before, personally I think it was Lanfear, but that's just my personal hunch. I'm not about to challenge the "unbeatable Graendal argument", which I have heard way too many times already anyway. Lanfear is still a suspect, and I think many of us agree that she could have done it, but probably didn't, because Graendal probably did. Put it this way, if RJ were to say "Graendal did not kill Asmodean", who would most of the votes go to? Lanfear. :D

I've never understood the Lanfear argument. I've always understood her to be dead/stilled/stuck with the 'Finns. I mean if she were able to escape, don't you think she'd have avoided being trapped in the mindleash, or at least beelined for Rand to finish thier lover's spat? Why even strike at Asmodean when she could have killed Aviendha or Rand.

^ Graendal supporter, eh? Well, all my Lanfear argument means to say is that Lanfear is still one of the suspects, peraps second to Graendal(who is greatly superior) in likeliness, but definatelly much more likely than Moiraine. :D

And also, it does make you wonder if it was even possible for Lanfear to kill Rand without violating who knows how many phrophecies. And if she had died after leaving Finnland, there was really no way to avoid being trapped in mindleash.

It was the Creator. Its so obvious I dont know why I didnt think of it sooner. The Creator had means, motive and opportunity. Much more of these than any other character.

1 Means : Uh...Creator...can do whatever he/she wants.

2 Motive : Asmo was a Darkfriend, thought helping rand, still signed his soul over to the DO.

3 Opportunity : see #1.

Even if you dont want to go as far as "The Creator", RJ is The Creator. Asmo is one of his characters. At some point RJ decided that Asmo needed to die, so he killed him. If it was "The Creator" or if RJ was just finished with him doesnt really matter...either way I'm right.

The Creator Did It.

Is there any evidence that Lanfear left the finn's realm alive? Or that she was in Caemlyn? I consider the Lanfear and Moiraine arguments to be about equal, although Moiraine has more motive. Lanfear's targets would have put Aviendha and Rand on the list before Asmodean, whereas Moiraine would have had Asmodean as a higher priority(in order to remove the influence of the shadow when she couldn't supervise).

Yes, I'm a Graendal supporter, she has the most affirmative evidence and the least negetive evidence. I considered Shaidar Haran, but he had much more negetive evidence than Graendal. In other words he didn't fit the bill.

Guest Abaddon

It was the fat darkfriend man, who ran the wagons that were transporting moiraines Ter'angreal. I cant remember his name, and i dont have the books with me, but he did it on lanfears orders.

Guest Abaddon

Remember asmodean was almost too weak to hand rand his glass of wine in Rhuidean. I think he would have had trouble holding 300lb kadere at bay.

Guest Abaddon

Poisoned crossbow bolt, may sound a little bit unlikely, haha, but i didnt expect to have to make up all these convoluted reasons. I just had a hunch when i mentioned kadere.

Archived