DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

this is me, ZEI...

zei

HI, I just joined. Am new reader of WOT series. Just starting with book 1.Actually, was hooked afer getting introduced to the genre by way of Brandon sanderson's ELANTRIS.Hope to have nice fellowship through the long read.Do connect. Thanks

ZEI

Hi Zei. Welcome to DM. My name is Cairos. It's a pleasure to meet you. There are tons of things to do here at DM. There are some sections you want to stay clear of because they have spoilers on the books. There are also two areas of DM that you can explore. There is the role playing side and the social group side. I'm mostly in the social group side. I'm part of the Band of the Red Hand, the Black Tower, SG, and the White Tower. Come join any of these groups and you're allowed to join all of them if you want. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Welcome, Zei!!  Yes, please avoid the book discussion areas so as not to get the series spoiled for you.

You can join as many social groups as you wish.  I spend most of my time in the White Tower and Warders  http://www.dragonmount.com/forums/forum/33-the-white-tower-warders-social-group/ but I belong to other groups as well!

At the top of each each group is a sticky which basically informs you what the groups are about.  With most groups (especially the Tower) you will be limited in the forums you can see, until and if, you choose to be a member.  So there are things going on behind the scenes, so to speak.

Here is the link to the social side:  http://www.dragonmount.com/forums/forum/4-social-community/

Please ask if you have any questions.

Hello Zei, Welcome to Dragonmount!

As a few others have already mentioned, since you're just at the beginning the series, I would highly suggest you be careful around the threads on our Discussion Boards. That is where people can start and/or join in on discussions about the series and characters from it but for those who are still working on it the threads are also probably going to run into at least a few spoilers... probably more.

Though you probably won't know much about our social groups origins from the books, they are still a good place to meet many of our site members and get to know some of them. People may join as many groups as they'd like and each one has their own draw. All of the groups have some awesome members, some of whom you've met here in your welcome thread, and many of us are members of multiple groups, each with their own fun activities to participate in. If any of the groups appeal to you then feel free to apply to join them. If you have any questions about The Band of the Red Hand, home of music, travel, drinks & food, Cairos or I should be able to answer them (I'm the Band's Executive Officer and Cairos is the leader of our Cavalry division). If you have any questions about The Black Tower, home of Spam and Madness, I should also be able to answer those. Other than those two groups I can't really answer too many of your questions but if you post here or in their general board I'm sure one of their members will be more than happy to help answer your questions about their group. From my experiance, many of the groups seem to have a little bit of RP mixed in however do not mainly focus on it.  All of our social groups also have a lot going on behind the scenes so you can initially see one or two of their boards but, upon joining one, you'll soon gain access to their members only areas and activities.

If you are looking for some in depth RP the site also has some RP-Groups which, though I have little to no knowledge of, is something many find fun to participate in. If you plan on participating I believe they have a main board you can post any questions to if no one here is able answer them.

I hope you have a great time on the site and also hope that we'll be see you around the boards soon.

I've not been there, Zei, but I would love to!

For a minute there I thought you were asking if you're close to Kashmir, Sooh .... lol

But yes, that is indeed the advice I would give. That, and respect and tolerate your fellow D'mers. We're from all corners of the earth (oxymoron, I know! lol), with different cultural backgrounds, beliefs, etc. It's what makes it great, though!

Other practical advice would be to just ask for guidance, when in doubt. Most people on here are very friendly and helpful!

Archived