DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Hello! New to the series and the forum!

Leafy_SeaDragon

Hello all,

I discovered the Wheel of Time last year while at work (I shelve at a library). The first book was one of only two that we own and I was lucky enough to notice it as I was putting it away. We don't use special library covers, and this book still had one, which is why I noticed it.

I judged it by it's cover, which I rather liked, and read the back and the first page right then and there. I checked it out.

Anyway, due to many time constraints, I am still only on book four. Discovered Dragonmount when looking for where in the sequence New Spring should be read. So. Here I am!

I probably won't be very active until I've read the entirety of the series.

That will hopefully be soon. I'm on binge-read mode at the moment.

Anyway, I look forward to being part of this community!

Welcome! We are happy to have you join us! :)

Use caution in the book discussion areas so the series doesn't get spoiled for you.

The social groups would be a good place to start.

If you have any questions, please ask.

Welcome to DragonMount!!!

Since you're relatively new to the series, I'd probably suggest you be careful around our Discussion Boards. That's where people start and/or join in on discussions about the series and characters from it but for those who are still working on it the threads are also probably going to run into a few spoilers...

As Ryrin already suggested, while you read you might give some of our Social Groups a look.  They can be a great way for you to meet and get to know some of the people around the site. You may join as many groups as you'd like and each one has their own draw. All of the groups have some great members, many of us are members of multiple groups, and each group has some fun activities to participate in. If any of the groups appeal to you then feel free to apply to join them. If you have any questions about The Band of the Red Hand, home of music, travel, drinks & food, I should be able to answer them (I'm the Band's Exececutive Officer). If you have any questions about The Black Tower, home of Spam and Madness, I should also be able to answer those (I'm the leader of the Light Faction). Other than those two groups I can't really answer many of your questions but if you post here or in their general board I'm sure one of their members will be more than happy to help answer your questions about their group. From my experiance, many of the groups seem to have a little bit of RP mixed in however do not mainly focus on it.

If you are looking for some in depth RP we also have the RP-Groups which, though I have little to no knowledge of, is something many find fun to participate in. If you plan on participating I believe they have a main board you can post any questions to if no one here is able answer them.

I hope you have a great time on the site and, from your responses, looks like we'll be see you around the boards soon.

Thanks everyone for commenting here! I feel very welcomed!

Chaelca, I read a lot of stuff. High fantasy tends to hold the key to my heart, but I love historical fiction also. As well as some sci-fi and... well. A lot of stuff. I've had less time to read, lately, so my focus at the moment is entirely on WOT at the moment.

Good luck with your reading :biggrin:

I have tried some sci-fi too and i am currently reading some Star Wars books (legend timeline). I'll see how far i will go with that !

Totally agree chongjasmine.  I read New Spring after the third book and it was perfect timing for me.  It cleared things up for me and I understood the WT and AS better.  

Archived