DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY
Sign in to follow this  
HoppyQ

So, How old are you?

I'm 16 now and I'll be 17 in october.

started reading a year ago and on my 1. re-read (currently on FoH :D ) awesome series.

I read tEotW-prologue when I was 17, but found it so boring I didn't read on till I was 19. Now I've just finished the second read; I'm 21.

39. In my defense I started the series in the 90s when it was only five or six books. Usually I read sci-fi for the most part but this series has me hooked. I've also read the Eddings books that someone mentioned earlier. The thing that pissed me off about the Belgariad/Mallorean is that in the first paragraph of the first book you are already told that nothing will happen to Garion. I tend to think they're written more to a grade school level much like the Harry Potter books though so oh-well.

30 now, started the books about 6 years ago. After RJ Stephen King's "Dark Tower" series and Stephen R. Donaldson's "The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant" trilogies. If you ever wanted a hero you could hate you can find it there. I read Eddings when I was younger and after reading Bellgariad and Mallorean I picked up Elenium......made it about 100 pages in and thought why did I just spend money on the same exact story again. :evil:

I'll be 30 in a few weeks. I will read just about anything that you put in front of me. My favorites are Fantasy and History, unfortunatly about the only thing I get to read right now is Pathophysiology, Medical/Legal Ethics, and Quality Improvement in healthcare. Suprisingly enough not one person has been able to channel in any of those books, very dissapointing.

Forge

Guest fox-lionheart
I don't mean to get too personal or offend anyone but I was curious. How old is the average WoT reader. My wife has made some comments about how I read this type of books and how I have reread the series several times. I have been reading the series almost since the day it was first published. I've always been a big Conan fan and when I saw RJ's name on something different I thought I'd give it a try. By the way' date=' I'll turn 42 this fall. I sincerely hope I'm not the oldest person reading this so help me out and let me know how old you are.[/quote']

I am currently 23, but I believe I started reading the books when I was 18 or so. I haven't gotten past The Shadow Rising though because I end up getting lost and confused, but I am about to re-read Eye of the World and I am so excited about it haha.

Love Always & Blessed Be,

Fox Lionheart

I was hmmm 19 or 20 when I started, which I think was around the time of book 7 coming out. I'm 32 now and in the process of rereading them for the 4th or 5th time.

Picked up EotW in detention Senior year in High school (1994...long story :lol: ). Now 30, and I cannot wait for this to be over....oh the re-reads I have done...

HI

I turned 50 in January! My brother turned me on to Fantasy with the Piers Antony Xanth novels...though I had read Madeleine L'engle's books and The Wizard of Oz books when I was quite young! I was a huge devourer of SCIENCE FICTION...but hadn't really read a LOT of fantasy...of course back in the day there really wasn't a lot of fantasy! :) So Xanth and the Terry Pratchett books opened up a whole new world for me when I was in my teens! (Gosh has it been that long?) Now I devour everything by Terry Goodkind, PA, RJ, TP and a multitude of others! :)

I don't mean to get too personal or offend anyone but I was curious. How old is the average WoT reader. My wife has made some comments about how I read this type of books and how I have reread the series several times. I have been reading the series almost since the day it was first published. I've always been a big Conan fan and when I saw RJ's name on something different I thought I'd give it a try. By the way' date=' I'll turn 42 this fall. I sincerely hope I'm not the oldest person reading this so help me out and let me know how old you are.[/quote']

:wink: I started reading the books in the early 90. I think I was a freshman in highschool. I am now 30. I must say i am an impatient person, and the wait between books is killer. I have spent a lot of years waiting already, and I can't wait to be done.

I started around 14, I needed something bad to read because I had already read virtually every other good fictional series.

I started reading WoT when I was 13 and now I'm 21...this series has heavily influenced over 1/3 of my life. Wow...hope I like the ending.

I'm 45 and I just started reading WoT last year. I finished KoD 'round December and am on my second re-read and just started LoC though I am finding it harder to read that particular book for the second time.

Tolkien is a great author as I've seen some of you mention who else your into. I recently read a quick book by David Weber called We Few and learned that it was book three of a three part series. Weber turned out to be a pretty good author. not the beast mind you but worthy of another read or two.

I first read TEOTW whe I was 12 and am currently reading through for the second time and am on Crossroads of Twilight. I am 17 now.

Tolkien is an amazing author and i like Terry Goodkind. I also like J.K. Rowling

13 then. 24 now.

What really stinks is that I have a hard time picking up a new book until i'm finished with the last one (or series). WoT killed reading for me.......it was worth it.

17 then, 21 now.

Damn near took me a whole year to finish the series, stupid life kept getting in the way. Although, without my life i expect ida just read non stop and ended up with some sweet bedsores

Started reading EotW when I was 17 back in 1990.

Now I'm 34 and waiting, oh so patiently, wishing and praying that RJ makes a full recovery. It would be nice if he could finish MoL after that :D